Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Vaistech ML Plus (ML+) Review - Buy Recommendation from former SL2i user!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-11, 05:27 PM
davidwhang
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend is installing the ML+ in my car and he's a tech -- he's pretty sure he's got the wiring all down right -- anyone have trouble having the screen show the VAIStech menu? It's still on the nav screen for me after the left button thingy
Old 07-20-11, 05:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

what do you mean left button thingy? i have installed a few ml+ on different cars, all fired up first shot. key is to make sure emulation programming is done right
Old 07-22-11, 05:16 PM
davidwhang
Driver

nevermind - thanks - it didnt say anywhere on the instructions to press the disc mode two times to make the VASItech screen appear.

we finally figured it out - thanks
Old 07-25-11, 02:17 PM
davidwhang
Driver

installed and love it-- need to get a VAIStech sticker
Old 07-27-11, 05:06 PM
lexid7
Driver School Candidate

hi all,

new to this forum and thank you for all your support, answers, advice and contributions. hope i can do the same.

i have couple of questions :
1. is ML+ compatible with 2008 LS 460 backup camera? i heard that there are issues...
2. do we need nav override such as PS to watch video playing from ios 4 device through ML+ while driving?
3. do we need nav override to browse through song/play list while driving?

thank you in advance and you guys are awesome!!!!
Old 07-27-11, 05:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by lexid7
hi all,

new to this forum and thank you for all your support, answers, advice and contributions. hope i can do the same.

i have couple of questions :
1. is ML+ compatible with 2008 LS 460 backup camera? i heard that there are issues...
2. do we need nav override such as PS to watch video playing from ios 4 device through ML+ while driving?
3. do we need nav override to browse through song/play list while driving?

thank you in advance and you guys are awesome!!!!
1) if you have mark levinson audio, i don't think it's compatible yet. i have been waiting
2) no, with ml+ you can enter a code every time you start the car and that will enable video
3) if you are using the graphical mode, you don't need override. if you go into the mp3 emulation mode (or for example with non ios4 devices), then the menus will be grayed out and you will need override in order to do so
Old 07-27-11, 09:02 PM
redrox5
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rominl
1) if you have mark levinson audio, i don't think it's compatible yet. i have been waiting
About to pull the trigger on a ML+ then I see this. I have a 2009 GS450h with Mark Levinson/Nav/BackUp Cam. If I purchase an ML+ will I be able to use all functions (MP3 Emulation as well as Graphical Interface) without any further troubles? As well, will it take full advantage of my Mark Levinson system?
Old 07-27-11, 09:31 PM
lexid7
Driver School Candidate

2) no, with ml+ you can enter a code every time you start the car and that will enable video
3) if you are using the graphical mode, you don't need override. if you go into the mp3 emulation mode (or for example with non ios4 devices), then the menus will be grayed out and you will need override in order to do so
romini,

thank you very much for your reply.

i do not have mark levinson, but i have nav and backup camera.

so ml+ will work with my backup camera, right?
Old 07-27-11, 11:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by redrox5
About to pull the trigger on a ML+ then I see this. I have a 2009 GS450h with Mark Levinson/Nav/BackUp Cam. If I purchase an ML+ will I be able to use all functions (MP3 Emulation as well as Graphical Interface) without any further troubles? As well, will it take full advantage of my Mark Levinson system?
gs450h is totally fine. ml+ has problem with ls460 with mark levinson (last i checked). on the GS and IS, it works 100%

romini,

thank you very much for your reply.

i do not have mark levinson, but i have nav and backup camera.

so ml+ will work with my backup camera, right?
if you do not have mark levinson, i believe that will work. but you should double check with vaistech, because some other options like auto-park might affect things (ls460 is just too complicated)
Old 07-28-11, 11:58 AM
lexid7
Driver School Candidate

gs450h is totally fine. ml+ has problem with ls460 with mark levinson (last i checked). on the GS and IS, it works 100%

if you do not have mark levinson, i believe that will work. but you should double check with vaistech, because some other options like auto-park might affect things (ls460 is just too complicated)
i just talked to Ben at vaistech and he said that ml+ is currently not working with all ls models with back up camera, and they are actually working on it today!!!
Old 07-28-11, 12:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i just talked to Ben at vaistech and he said that ml+ is currently not working with all ls models with back up camera, and they are actually working on it today!!!
ah that's the bummer. i am glad you double checked with them
Old 07-28-11, 10:01 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

they've been saying it'll be ready next month for like 6 months now -____-

anyway, when they fix those issues i'm gonna cop one
Old 08-12-11, 10:49 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

New Update for ML Plus is released today:
http://www.vaistech.com/forums/showt...=6161#post6161
Old 08-14-11, 02:46 PM
jagbagri
Driver School Candidate

Default Availability for 2010 ES Model

Do you know when would the ML+ be finally available for the 2010 Model ES350 with backup camera and without the Levinson system.

And it's OK to let us know the actual, realistic date, time frame rather than keep saying next month, now for the the last four months or so.

Thanks You....
Old 08-15-11, 09:34 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by jagbagri
Do you know when would the ML+ be finally available for the 2010 Model ES350 with backup camera and without the Levinson system.

And it's OK to let us know the actual, realistic date, time frame rather than keep saying next month, now for the the last four months or so.

Thanks You....
2010+ ES isn't compatible with ML Plus yet. Realistic date would be by the end of this year. Maybe even earlier, but definitely by the end of this year.

Quick Reply: Vaistech ML Plus (ML+) Review - Buy Recommendation from former SL2i user!!!