Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Vaistech ML Plus (ML+) Review - Buy Recommendation from former SL2i user!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-11, 01:04 PM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Ok so I have the most recent 64gb ipod touch and other than using it to have the awesome interface pretty much leave it in the car and never use it for anything else. Does the iPad2 work with this interface the same way as the ipod touch 4g does cause if so I plan to sell my ipod and get an ipad2 instead.
Old 08-15-11, 01:12 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

^ Yes. I bought a 64GB iPod touch as well for exclusive use in my car with ML+. Too lazy to plug and unplug my phone all the time.
Old 08-16-11, 09:09 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WReuroR
Ok so I have the most recent 64gb ipod touch and other than using it to have the awesome interface pretty much leave it in the car and never use it for anything else. Does the iPad2 work with this interface the same way as the ipod touch 4g does cause if so I plan to sell my ipod and get an ipad2 instead.
iPad will work with ML Plus the same way, but ML Plus won't charge it.
Old 08-17-11, 07:50 PM
jagbagri
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VaisTech
2010+ ES isn't compatible with ML Plus yet. Realistic date would be by the end of this year. Maybe even earlier, but definitely by the end of this year.
Thanks for the update. I'll keep checking, can't wait for it to be available.
Thansk
Old 08-26-11, 07:25 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 86 Likes on 62 Posts

this just in....

VAIS Technology has upgraded its car kit to enable Pandora control from most factory Toyota and Lexus radio/navigation systems.

The company’s ML+ iPod/iPhone kit lets you use the touch screen controls on the factory radio to control Pandora on an iPhone. You also get thumbs up/thumbs down touch screen controls.

The kit provides iPod Out and iPod Video Out so that the radio screen displays a near identical user interface to that of an iPod, and it lets you play movies, video and audio from an iOS device on the radio screen.

The ML+ kit also allows you to add a flash drive and other devices to the radio.

The $500 kit connects directly into the automobile’s bus system to simplify installation. It was first introduced with iPod Out in December followed by an upgrade for Pandora control last month.
Old 08-27-11, 10:37 AM
KYLS
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by lexid7
i just talked to Ben at vaistech and he said that ml+ is currently not working with all ls models with back up camera, and they are actually working on it today!!!
Seems like there are more than a few of us with LS460s waiting for them to work this out, but the focus seems to be updates for the new models instead. I just PM'd VaisTech about the new firmware and if this was included before seeing these posts. It would be nice if they would provide an issues list which indicated priority for I'm hoping for some good news soon; I would think they would like to have our $$$s too.
Old 08-30-11, 04:33 PM
sca1079
Driver School Candidate

I just bought a ct200h and I confirmed with VAIStech that it was compatible.

SO.. are there any ct owners out there that have installed this? Where did you decide to put the unit? The ct isn't the biggest car out there and I'm a bit concerned about it fitting in the car without it being an eyesore..

Also, does this work with the PS navi bypass? Will the PS navi bypass work on the ct?

Lastly... anyone know a place in socal where I can get this done?

Thanks..
Old 08-30-11, 11:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

congrats on your new car

yes the ps override works on ct just fine. they have some installers around they can recommend, just email chung@prestigioussociety.com for more info.

the ct is definitely tight, it's still possible to find some place to hide the ml+. not a fun car to work with for sure coz' of the size
Old 08-31-11, 12:35 PM
f111f444
Pole Position

Does anyone know when there will be a group buy for Vaistech ML+?
Old 09-01-11, 10:04 AM
sca1079
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rominl
congrats on your new car

yes the ps override works on ct just fine. they have some installers around they can recommend, just email chung@prestigioussociety.com for more info.

the ct is definitely tight, it's still possible to find some place to hide the ml+. not a fun car to work with for sure coz' of the size
Thanks for the info rominl..
one more thing... there wont be any problem running both the PS and ML+ simultaneously, right?

Thanks again.. (btw.. read your review/comparison of the PS and Beat Sonic bypass.. great info)
Old 09-01-11, 10:33 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by sca1079
one more thing... there wont be any problem running both the PS and ML+ simultaneously, right?

Thanks again.. (btw.. read your review/comparison of the PS and Beat Sonic bypass.. great info)
There is going to be no problem running ML Plus and PS kit at the same time.
Old 09-01-11, 01:04 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

^ I have ML+ and the PS kit in my IS350 and it works perfectly.
Old 09-01-11, 01:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by sca1079

i have done quite a few installs on ml+ and ps together. they work perfectly with each other
Old 09-03-11, 12:37 AM
kenysl
Rookie

Can someone confirm that if the ML+ unit would work on a 2008 ISF with backup camera? About to purchase one but find a post here mentioned about it not working on IS with backup camera. Thanks.
Old 09-06-11, 10:24 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by kenysl
Can someone confirm that if the ML+ unit would work on a 2008 ISF with backup camera? About to purchase one but find a post here mentioned about it not working on IS with backup camera. Thanks.
There are no problems with ML Plus and ISF.

Quick Reply: Vaistech ML Plus (ML+) Review - Buy Recommendation from former SL2i user!!!