Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Vaistech ML Plus (ML+) Review - Buy Recommendation from former SL2i user!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-11, 10:12 PM
rebs
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VaisTech
Thank you Rebs for your suggestions.

As for all certified Apple hardware developers MFI documentation was made available on Friday the 14th (the day iPhone 4s went on sale). We did have all beta versions tested while they were released, and do have a version available to be compatible with iOS5. We are doing the final testing (if you don't mind) with some final changes per now available documentation and are getting ready to have new firmware available by mid next week.

BTW, more new features are also coming in the new version.

Thanks everyone for your patience.
I apologize if my post sounded snippy or disrespectful. I sincerely appreciate the hard work, and I'm grateful that you are keeping up with the beta versions. Thanks for your continued hard work and support.

Last edited by rebs; 10-17-11 at 10:39 PM.
Old 10-21-11, 12:02 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Default ML Plus update

New graphical interface and iOS5 compatibility update is scheduled to be released on Tuesday, October 25th. Thanks everyone!
Attached Thumbnails Vaistech ML Plus (ML+) Review - Buy Recommendation from former SL2i user!!!-new-gui-1.jpg   Vaistech ML Plus (ML+) Review - Buy Recommendation from former SL2i user!!!-new-gui-2.jpg  
Old 10-21-11, 12:32 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

^ Looks so sick. Can't wait!
Old 10-21-11, 02:47 PM
ssis300
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^ +1

So since I'm a newbie, how are firmware updates done to the ML+ unit?
Old 10-21-11, 02:53 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

^ Via USB stick.
Old 10-21-11, 03:00 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by ssis300
^^^ +1

So since I'm a newbie, how are firmware updates done to the ML+ unit?
To update the ML Plus please go to ML Plus page on our website and click on "MediaLinQ Plus firmware update" on the bottom of it.
Old 10-22-11, 06:37 PM
KYLS
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

To update the ML Plus please go to ML Plus page on our website and click on "MediaLinQ Plus firmware update" on the bottom of it.
I've not been through the firmware update process yet, though it appears the downloads are password protected. I went ahead and sent an email request to info@vaistech.com for access, even though a link for the MLP-12 is not yet shown. The updated interface looks great; looking forward to using it.

Last edited by KYLS; 10-22-11 at 06:49 PM. Reason: email address
Old 10-23-11, 11:07 AM
Shahryar
Lead Lap

I commented on the group buy thread but thought I would comment on here too

I bought the sl2vi back in January 2009 when I first bought my 2008 IS 350 but it seems the ML+ does a lot more. I still havent figured out all the features and everything i can do

Would anyone know if the following two issues have been resolved:

1) My sl2vi always annoyed me because when I watched movies off of my 2g iPod touch occasionally it would turn black and white and not go back to color. I'm not sure if since i bought the sl2vi there has been an update that addresses that.

But if the ML+ solved that problem it wouldn't matter since I am getting it replaced. Even though I plan to pick up an iPhone 4s soon it's the 2g 32gb iPod that I will be leaving in my car exclusively for music. I'll use the iPhone 4s sometimes for pandora (can I watch Internet vids off the nav screen or just stored videos on the iOS device?)

Originally Posted by NAK
MediaLinQ Plus (ML+) Lite KIT (without internal HDD and without HDD cable) - $499.99
(no HDD or HDD cable included)

MediaLinQ Plus (ML+) Lite KIT (without internal HDD, with HDD cable) - $514.99
(no HDD, but HDD cable included)

If you are planning to use HDD (internal PATA Hard Disc Drive) you need second one, if not - a first one.
2) I still never watched vids much because of the hassle of converting a movie to mp4 and then moving to iTunes and having to sync through iTunes. I know that ml+ let's you listen to music via USB but with the hard drive talk, can you do movies off The hard drive?

Last edited by Shahryar; 10-23-11 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-23-11, 01:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

you can't do video off hdd or usb, only through itouch/iphone with ios4 (soon ios5 as well)

for the first one, i don't know the exact answer coz' i have never seen it myself. but then again with the ml+ i haven't seen such black and white issue too
Old 10-24-11, 10:42 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Black and white video only happened with certain batch of iPod Touch and certain car radios. This issue can only happen with SL2Vi. ML Plus doesn't have this problem.
Old 10-24-11, 09:20 PM
Shahryar
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
you can't do video off hdd or usb, only through itouch/iphone with ios4 (soon ios5 as well)

for the first one, i don't know the exact answer coz' i have never seen it myself. but then again with the ml+ i haven't seen such black and white issue too
Thanks for the response. Maybe in the future there might be something for video off an HDD instead of just the iPod/iPhone. Again, it's sometimes a chore to convert the video you like to an iOS compatible format and then move through iTunes into the device. Once I Jailbreak my iPhone, I wonder if possibilities could change.

Black and white video only happened with certain batch of iPod Touch and certain car radios. This issue can only happen with SL2Vi. ML Plus doesn't have this problem.
Got it, thank you.
Old 10-25-11, 08:36 AM
ssis300
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KYLS
I've not been through the firmware update process yet, though it appears the downloads are password protected. I went ahead and sent an email request to info@vaistech.com for access, even though a link for the MLP-12 is not yet shown. The updated interface looks great; looking forward to using it.
I did the same thing.... and am now patiently awaiting a password.
Old 10-25-11, 02:44 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Update has been released and is now available on our website. To update your unit go to the bottom of ML Plus page and click on ML Plus Firmware Update.

Release notes are available on our forum as well as the link below:
http://www.vaistech.com/dev/mlp_release_notes.php

Thanks Everyone!
Old 10-25-11, 05:32 PM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did it, will do a review on the new update.
Old 10-27-11, 09:38 AM
ssis300
Pole Position

Did the update and it is solid. Kudos to Vaistech. I do have one question though.... What does the "Apps-coming soon" selection bring to the table?

Quick Reply: Vaistech ML Plus (ML+) Review - Buy Recommendation from former SL2i user!!!