Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Vaistech ML Plus (ML+) Review - Buy Recommendation from former SL2i user!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-11, 09:17 PM
kitchamp
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gulchgolf
I installed the ML+ in my '08 GS350 in July in the left vertical side of the passenger footwell. Unit worked great until recently when it became somewhat erratic. Have been working with Vaistech and they have been great. It is possible that heat is being generated in the area of the unit. Has anyone had a problem like that? When installing the unit in this location, did you place any insulating material behind the unit or do anything else special? Are there any other suggested installation spots where heat wouldn't be an issue? Any thoughts would really be appreciated. Thank you.
I have mine in the same place on my LS460, no issues yet since install many moons ago.
Old 12-09-11, 09:13 PM
m32
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Batman

I just bought the ml+ and am reading the instructions. Did you have to do the programming on the unit or did you just plug and play and start using it? Thanks

Edwin
Old 12-09-11, 11:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by m32
Batman

I just bought the ml+ and am reading the instructions. Did you have to do the programming on the unit or did you just plug and play and start using it? Thanks

Edwin
you need to program the emulation for your car
Old 12-10-11, 12:00 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

i just did the update which is awesome, im able to stream pandora using an ipod touch and tethering wifi off my Samsung Galaxy Android phone. Works flawless. Two questions: did anyone notice the cover art on the ipod stretch vertically again? Mine was fixed prior. 2nd how do I switch back from the rear camera. Im going to re-activate my netflix account just so I can stream...pretty excited. Great Job Vais Technology! This has been my favorite mod...wish it was available for my SC430!
Old 12-10-11, 06:08 AM
m32
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rominl
you need to program the emulation for your car
Thanks. I'm about to get started. I have a 2007 gs with back up cam and ML. Do I program MLP 10 or 12?

Update: got everything installed... Except I can't seem to fit the unit in the passenger footwell. I tried to cram it in and i can't put the side piece in if I do that. Anyone got pics on ow they did theirs?

Edwin

Last edited by m32; 12-10-11 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-12-11, 11:07 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by m32
Thanks. I'm about to get started. I have a 2007 gs with back up cam and ML. Do I program MLP 10 or 12?

Update: got everything installed... Except I can't seem to fit the unit in the passenger footwell. I tried to cram it in and i can't put the side piece in if I do that. Anyone got pics on ow they did theirs?

Edwin
You have to program your unit for CD-MP3 emulation under MLP-10 steps.
Old 12-12-11, 11:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by m32

Edwin
for the 3gs it's very tough to find a good spot. try behind the carpet on the passenger footwell
Old 12-12-11, 11:56 AM
m32
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rominl
for the 3gs it's very tough to find a good spot. try behind the carpet on the passenger footwell
Originally Posted by VaisTech
You have to program your unit for CD-MP3 emulation under MLP-10 steps.
Thanks guys. I got it installed and everything put back together. I did install it in the passenger side footwell and after some manhandling, everything looks fine. I do have a question though... everything seems to work fine except Pandora. When I hit the Pandora button on the Nav screen, it tells me to turn on Pandora on my Iphone... and when I do, all I get is a "Pandora Accessory" message on my iphone and a message to the effect of "waiting for source" on the Nav screen. Anyone else experience this issue?

Edwin
Old 12-12-11, 12:56 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 208 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by m32
Thanks guys. I got it installed and everything put back together. I did install it in the passenger side footwell and after some manhandling, everything looks fine. I do have a question though... everything seems to work fine except Pandora. When I hit the Pandora button on the Nav screen, it tells me to turn on Pandora on my Iphone... and when I do, all I get is a "Pandora Accessory" message on my iphone and a message to the effect of "waiting for source" on the Nav screen. Anyone else experience this issue?

Edwin
I have this issue from time to time. i just unconnect the iphone and reconnect it and it seems to work. Other times I've had to power my iphone on/off.
Old 12-12-11, 12:58 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by m32

Edwin
How long does it say "waiting for source"? Please make sure to have your Pandora app updated to the latest software revision from Pandora.
Old 12-12-11, 02:00 PM
m32
Intermediate

Originally Posted by VaisTech
How long does it say "waiting for source"? Please make sure to have your Pandora app updated to the latest software revision from Pandora.
It just stays like that... I assume someting is not working and click out of it after a while. I also deleted the Pandora APP from my iphone over the weekend and redownloaded it and the problem still persists

Edwin
Old 12-12-11, 02:18 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Can you please try to play Pandora without connecting iPhone to ML Plus.
Old 12-12-11, 03:41 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Has anyone with a 2IS come up with a good place to install the unit yet? Mine is still sitting underneath the carpet by the passenger's feet. The bulge and the way it messes the carpet up annoys me.
Old 12-12-11, 04:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

brian, check pm
Old 12-12-11, 07:30 PM
kingme
Driver School Candidate

I'm also looking for a good spot to install the ML+ on the 2IS. Planning on installing this weekend so any help would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: Vaistech ML Plus (ML+) Review - Buy Recommendation from former SL2i user!!!