Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Vaistech ML Plus (ML+) Review - Buy Recommendation from former SL2i user!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-12, 11:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

for gx470, i would say try behind the glove box. the key is the digital video cable, it might not be long enough to go under passenger seat. underneath the shift plate there are space but ml+ seems too big for there. for usb extension and ipod, if you want inside center console that means some drilling, otherwise you can have the cable come out through the hand brake boot (zipper)
Old 08-05-12, 02:30 PM
Ahzari
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read through the whole thread. I have a IS250 with the SL2iC - have had a bunch of glitches similar to the ones in the initial ML+ system but it seems like they took care of most of the problems with software updates.

My big question is - for those who upgraded from the SL2iC to the ML+ is the video quality that much of an upgrade? I just read a few people say the video was "very good" but no one compared it to the previous model.. most of my files are 720p+ and having a system that can support HD video would be great - just not sure how much contrast and resolution the lexus screens can even display.
Old 08-05-12, 09:35 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quick question, if I have the PS nav hack module do I need to purchase the ML+ that allows for video in motion or does the PS unit cover that by telling the car its in park?
Old 08-05-12, 09:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by robertrios
Quick question, if I have the PS nav hack module do I need to purchase the ML+ that allows for video in motion or does the PS unit cover that by telling the car its in park?
the ml+ allows video from ipod when car is in motion (after you punch in the code). it doesn't enable video from factory dvd changer. to do that you need ps module. and if you have ps module, you don't need to punch in code in ml+ mode to enable video
Old 08-06-12, 06:59 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Right but there is a Plus and a Plus lite, does this mean I can order the Plus lite? The Plus just allows video in motion with the use of the code. Which if PS module over rides this then what is the point of having that feature if the lite will play video with the "parking brake engaged"?
Old 08-06-12, 07:05 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

^ just saw they both cost the same so the obvious would be to just buy the one with the video in motion lol
Old 08-06-12, 11:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

yeah, i have yet to have someone order the lite version. same price, so might as well get the fully function one
Old 08-16-12, 11:32 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by jagbagri
Please make it compatible for 2010 ES350 soon. All this good stuff I'm missing on.....
Any ETA on this... please
ML Plus is now compatible with 2010 ES models. Units are in stock and ready to ship. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for your patience!
Old 08-17-12, 10:40 PM
TCKeyz
Pole Position

I'm looking at picking up a ML+ unit for my iPhone integration. But since the new iPhone is coming out (different adapters from rumors) and of course, a new iOS software. Would it be worth it to get the unit right now since there might be updates coming up and could possibly need a big change for the ML+ unit or should I wait for them to come out before purchasing the unit? Thanks! (I just wanted to know what happened during the previous updates and what would be the best recommendation for me to do)
Old 08-31-12, 11:58 AM
Chekmi21
Lead Lap

I have a 2008 IS250 AWD. I'm just learning about this awesome product!!! I would consider doing the ML+. Now my understanding is that I would still need some type of cable to hook up to my iPhone to run the music, videos, and Pandora correct?

Also, in order to access these additional options from my Nav screen (I have the OEM Nav), I just select the AUX mode correct?

Adding the ML+ will not limit any abilities of my factory navigation system correct?
Old 08-31-12, 01:05 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by Chekmi21
I have a 2008 IS250 AWD. I'm just learning about this awesome product!!! I would consider doing the ML+. Now my understanding is that I would still need some type of cable to hook up to my iPhone to run the music, videos, and Pandora correct?

Also, in order to access these additional options from my Nav screen (I have the OEM Nav), I just select the AUX mode correct?

Adding the ML+ will not limit any abilities of my factory navigation system correct?
You will need Apple component cable to complete the install. Here is the suggested link:
Amazon Amazon

You will select ML Plus by hitting DISC button on your radio and it will not interfere with any of the factory equipment. You can place an order by calling our sales line 720-733-2348 or via email info@vaistech.com

Thanks!
Old 09-20-12, 07:55 PM
rebs
Lead Lap

FYI: Appears to work fine with iOS 6. I was able to listen to music, still change tracks and audio w/steering wheel, etc.
Old 09-22-12, 09:25 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Im thinking about getting both another one of these and the new android...I love the Vais products, I think im gonna have to wait until a group buy though. Hopefully that will be sooner than later!
Old 10-22-12, 07:05 AM
m32
Intermediate

I have the new iphone 5 with the lightning adaptor and I can't get the ipod out to work but so far, pandora works. Anyone else have this issue? Any fixes?

Edwin
Old 11-02-12, 08:21 AM
ssis300
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I am having no luck using any of my iOS 6 devices on my ML+. Any software updates coming??

Quick Reply: Vaistech ML Plus (ML+) Review - Buy Recommendation from former SL2i user!!!