Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Just installed Vlad's Video-Nav I

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-03, 03:09 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

O.K, guys I'm sorry about the misinfomation on the new product I'd post. I will give it a try for another 3 months and will see how this thing holding up against Video-Nav product(quality concern). I've talked to Ethan and asked him to delete my another thread, because I don't want one get something or spend money on some product that won't last.
I already talked to Vlad about the whole thing and everything is cool between us. This is my mistake and I will learn about it. Sorry guys.
Old 02-21-03, 02:58 PM
frankie04
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP!

Okay, i have everything hooked up and i get the menu fine and my navi, but when i hit the v.sel i get nothing but blank screens. anyone run into that problem?
Old 02-21-03, 03:16 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Please give us more details. Did you ground the parking brake wire from Pioneer? Do you have sound?
Old 02-21-03, 05:28 PM
VVTIS
Driver

VVT-i, where you able to rid of the ghost from the stock nav screen? Or did you even have it? It is a line that goes from right to left on the screen, if you look closely it is the stock nav caution message. Anyone else?
Old 02-22-03, 05:11 AM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

I disconnected everything from the conversion unit and plug every thing back to the factory setting, I still got the small white lines. So the problem is from the wire that I forgot to shielded not from the unit I put in.
I only see the small line when the screen turn to night mode or dark screen. But I have to look real close to see it. I will find sometime and shielded the ground wire(VG wire from the factory).
Old 02-22-03, 10:12 AM
VVTIS
Driver

Hey, how do you shield the wire? Is there anyway to hook up the blue wire to an actual ground since it is a ground? Or will the ground not be good enough? Does it have to be connected to the nav wire(shielded)? Thanks man.

Chris
Old 02-22-03, 10:13 AM
VVTIS
Driver

Also, did you soldier all your wires? Or just the blue?

I get the ghost appearance when I watch widescreen DVDs, well, I can see it more, but I have my screen set on Day mode all the time, so I guess it is better seen durring darker parts of the movie.

Last edited by VVTIS; 02-22-03 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-22-03, 02:38 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

You can use the aluminum foil and cut it into a small strip. Then wrap it to the wire. The blue wire I believe it need to go to the shielded ground wire from the factory harness.
Old 02-23-03, 08:31 AM
mrlexusmn
Driver School Candidate

I got the exact same ghosting you do when I first put it in. I had the blue (from the pban1 which should be connected to the shielded ground) hooked up to the "VR" wire in the harness and not the "SIG SHLD" if you are still getting the ghosting, double check your wiring. I tapped into the wires in the short harness that is clipped to the nav ecu, but you have to pay extra attention to detail, as the colors of the wires are not the same as the main harness that comes from the front of the car. Just use the connector pin numbers to determine the correct wires.
Old 02-23-03, 08:33 AM
mrlexusmn
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: HELP!

Originally posted by frankie04
Okay, i have everything hooked up and i get the menu fine and my navi, but when i hit the v.sel i get nothing but blank screens. anyone run into that problem?
go to the menu and make sure you turn the video "VRT1" to on. You also need to be sure you have the rca inputs to the right jacks and that your DVD player is turned on.

Last edited by mrlexusmn; 02-23-03 at 08:35 AM.
Old 02-23-03, 10:21 AM
frankie04
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by VVT-i
Please give us more details. Did you ground the parking brake wire from Pioneer? Do you have sound?
that's exactly what it was...but now i'm having interference when my system first comes on. i think i'm going to try and get the cleaner and see if that's it. thanks for all the replies guys...i just didn't get a chance to check the site again until now becuase i was so happy to see it come one
Old 02-23-03, 02:01 PM
frankie04
Driver School Candidate

okay...now i'm getting flickering and lines going up & down. has anyone had the problem or does anyone have a solution?
Old 02-25-03, 07:30 AM
VVTIS
Driver

Originally posted by mrlexusmn
I got the exact same ghosting you do when I first put it in. I had the blue (from the pban1 which should be connected to the shielded ground) hooked up to the "VR" wire in the harness and not the "SIG SHLD" if you are still getting the ghosting, double check your wiring. I tapped into the wires in the short harness that is clipped to the nav ecu, but you have to pay extra attention to detail, as the colors of the wires are not the same as the main harness that comes from the front of the car. Just use the connector pin numbers to determine the correct wires.
Pmed you about your connection.
Old 02-25-03, 05:02 PM
mrlexusmn
Driver School Candidate

Chris, here is the connector you need to go off of. pin 6 of n4 is the shielded ground wire that you need to hook the 2 blue wires to. solder this wire and tape it up good. this is the part of the installation that will prevent outside interference (ghosting).

MrLexus
Attached Thumbnails Just installed Vlad's Video-Nav I-is-connectorss.jpg  
Old 02-26-03, 02:56 PM
VVTIS
Driver

Those who installed the unit, did you connect the blue wires on the nav side of the white harness connection or on the side after the connnection? I am getting the ghost with it connected to the shielded wire on the side after the harness, not the nav side.

Quick Reply: Just installed Vlad's Video-Nav I