Sponsored by:

2006 IS350 (nonMl, nonNav) complete audio system upgrade, with pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-11, 05:23 PM
MileHi350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrKV
Looks like it's coming together, are you going to wrap the box with anything?

Nice woodwork btw.
Thanks for the compliment!

I'm not going to wrap the box in anything. I have plans to build a false wall in front of it that will make the trunk look stock again, with a hole cut to the exact woofer size, so that it will be the only part of the box that you see. The false wall will have the "wings" up into the crevices above the wheel wells so hopefully it'll look nice. The wall will be carpeted to match the trunk when finished. I just don't want to do any of this until everything is installed, broken in, and tuned. The wall will make it harder to get to the electronics.
Old 03-27-11, 11:49 PM
MileHi350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the Parrot system this weekend, here are some pictures:

First, installation of the 3SIXTY.2 remote into one of my dead button panels (I need it to switch to the aux input for the Parrot system, otherwise I wouldn’t have bothered)

Now the installation of the Parrot system:

Interfacing the parrot line out wires to Stinger Female interconnects

Installing the Interconnect to the 3SIXTY in the trunk

Installing the Input cable to the center console

Installing the mic

Finally, the screen install

This system is awesome with one caveat: There is a pop upon turn on. A bad one. I have to remember to keep the 3SIXTY off of the AUX input when the system is first turned on.

Other than that though, the Parrot system rocks. Sound quality is every bit as good as the source file will let it be (sample rate). The call quality is excellent on both ends, and the voice recognition is spot on. Parrot will sync my iPhone’s address book, which is pretty cool too. Combine this with the practically infinite input options (USB, SD, AUX, and iPod connection), and I am a very happy customer. I REALLY, REALLY wish that the Parrot system would recognize .wav files, but it does not. Maybe a future firmware update will solve this for me.