Audio system expert please advise me

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-11, 05:21 PM
michaelisf
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Slammer1
When I am running a sub, I take all of the bass out of the output from the HU. I have my subwoofer output up to nearly the max (aftermarket HU, not factory), but I have the "Low" setting turned nearly all the way down. When running a sub, the sub and the box that it is in will give you the bass that you want. This affords you the ability to play only mids and highs through your door speakers, which is really what they are for. The sub stage will still play the bass that you want, but the music coming through the doors will be much, much cleaner.
bro thats exactly what i did sounded clean on doors and just bass coming from sub.
Old 04-05-11, 05:30 PM
filthywet
Driver

bro. the amp you have is a good as amp. ive had that amp for over a year now. it use to be hooked up to my tundra and i powered a boston acoustic g5 12" in a sealed box and it made my sub slap so hard, sounded way clearer and better than my boys kicker comps 12"s that he had in his silverado. the guy that sold it to me is always trying to buy it back. i think you just have messed up wiring. maybe ur ground is smaller that your power. or your not getting a good ground connections. the amp never overheated on me once. its currently in my girls scion tc and the beat in it is obgnoutious. if you want a cheap deacent amp get a crunch 1500 monoblock. thats what im running with my alphasonic 10" in my is 350 and the slump is deep, clear and precisce. i went from fairfield to LA picked up my uncle and drove streight back (12+) hr drive slumpin the whole way and no problems.
Old 04-06-11, 01:13 PM
michaelisf
Driver

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by filthywet
bro. the amp you have is a good as amp. ive had that amp for over a year now. it use to be hooked up to my tundra and i powered a boston acoustic g5 12" in a sealed box and it made my sub slap so hard, sounded way clearer and better than my boys kicker comps 12"s that he had in his silverado. the guy that sold it to me is always trying to buy it back. i think you just have messed up wiring. maybe ur ground is smaller that your power. or your not getting a good ground connections. the amp never overheated on me once. its currently in my girls scion tc and the beat in it is obgnoutious. if you want a cheap deacent amp get a crunch 1500 monoblock. thats what im running with my alphasonic 10" in my is 350 and the slump is deep, clear and precisce. i went from fairfield to LA picked up my uncle and drove streight back (12+) hr drive slumpin the whole way and no problems.
im running 4guage power ground ill figure it out? damn i gotta have that stable mode when going los angeles ur luck so u were consistantly bassing?