Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Programming the Pioneer Audio DSP in NAV GS400 NAV Cars

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-05, 10:03 PM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If someone could post the best setting for a stock GS audio system that woul dbe great.
Thanks!
Old 02-12-06, 11:23 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

whats the best setting for me, i got a 99 lexus gs300 with pioneer, and i listen to mainly rap and rnb
Old 05-19-06, 01:44 AM
DoingDamag
Driver

Default Word to Big Bird!!

I did the recomendations and WOW!! I won't have to spend money on buying awhole bunch of new equipment, maybe a new sub after I blow the factory one.

But, I spent about 4 hrs trying diff setups. This is what I got:

F = Front Volume with 0 being the highest
R= Rear with 0 blah blah blah
W=Woofer with you know.

Now the p1, p2, and L are diff. They adjust the frequency.
p1 = Bass frequency
p2 = Midrange to treble frequency
L = Level as posted in the first post.

Recomendations:
If you want audiophile type quality, leave it alone. Lexus paid pretty good money to have Pioneer adjust the radio to its premium quality, which gives a nice, smooth, natural sound (or as best as it can).

If you find the bass lacking, change the P1 to 2 - 5. I find 2 being pretty good. If you like bass, go with 3. If you go to 4 or 5, its entirely too much and overpowers the rest of the system. Remember once you adjust it, make sure you lower the bass volume on the regular setup. This compensates the bass in voice with the bass of drums or strings. Mine is set at: P1=3 and Bass level is at 3 or 4, depending on cd.

P2 is fine and should be left alone, at 0. But, If you want your mid's and high's to sound crisp, try changing it between 95 - 115. When you do this, you'll notice a difference, but your ears become fatigued real quick. After an hour of listening to a woman's pitch and brass instruments, you'll notice that you'll find yourself turning your radio off. If you wanna impress your friends and listen to rap, rock, or anything real loud - this setting is good for you. But, after a while - you'll change it. And, finding the best frequency and volume for midranges and highs are time consuming. Its one of the hardest things to adjust so the result will be warm and natural. Mine is set at: P2=0 and Mid level is at 4.

L, i left it alone and didn't play with it. Maybe i'll do it tomorrow to test and see if its truly a level for overall sound.

My setup is:
Bass - 4, P1 - 3
Mid - 4, P2 - 0
Treble - 6 or 7 (depending on music)

Now the F, R, W settings are just for volume. Its different then the fade option on the regular menu. Its tricky to explain, but its different. The most obvious option is that you can, theoretically adust the volume for the woofer (or adjust everything else so the woofer is louder). The ideal setup is to have your fronts louder than the back to provide an accurate soundstage. But, I find most people (including myself) want to hear the music balanced between the front and rear. I listen for soundstage and accuracy with home equipment and not mobile. You should adjust the fade level to hear every speaker at the same volume from where your head is positioned when driving. Since I'm tall (6'4"), my head at the driving position is a little behind the side pillar of the door (on a 2nd gen GS3), so I don't need much fade to the rear as some others might. With account for the volume of the sub, I have my set up as: F - 5, R - 4, W - 0. I changed it from F-7, R-7, W-0 because I found the woofer again overpowering. Ideally, you shouldn't be able to tell where the bass is coming from - it should blend well with the rest of the system. After all of the adjustments, I find this one provides a good sound for me, esp for the price (freeeeeeeeeeeeee ).

Music I tested it out with: some Joss Stone, Diana Krall, Will Downing, Alicia Keys (Unplugged), Floetry, George Michael, Lil Wayne, Slim Thug, and T.I. I know, I have an interesting selection. I'm from New Orleans - all my audiophile music got washed away! I hope this helps out.
Old 08-13-06, 04:51 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Yep i did it!!!.....excellent mod. and i dont need to upgrade the speakers. Does anyone have any other settings?

CEO
Old 08-14-06, 05:33 AM
rj4510
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Nakamichi

I find it hard to beleive the same type of hack doesn't apply to the Nak system. Isn't the head unit a Pioneer?
Old 10-04-06, 05:41 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rj4510
I find it hard to beleive the same type of hack doesn't apply to the Nak system. Isn't the head unit a Pioneer?
huh this is for the NAK system!

CEO
Old 10-04-06, 06:58 PM
rj4510
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by THE_CEO
huh this is for the NAK system!

CEO
I read this thread again and the only references I see are GSs with NAV or nov-NAV with Pioneer. My 99 GS doesn't have an Auto level or ASL key. Am I missing something? If it's for the NAK system, why doesn't it work?

What mode does the HU have to be in when you start the hacking process?
Old 10-10-06, 08:05 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Hey im sorry man...i must have been tired when i posted that. I was looking at NAK when i meant to put NAV.

CEO
Old 02-03-08, 09:52 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This works for the Pioneer system hmnn?
what's the #6 button on it?
Old 05-06-08, 07:48 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i bumped the wrong thread, i should have bumped this one.
Old 06-02-08, 03:30 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

BUMP. 01 gs300 stock non-nav....got to the p190 screen, had p190 CHEC, p360 OLD, p440 GOOD. Seems as though i found how to reset the codes...go to the one that doesn't say good...press 2, seek buttons until you find codes, hold 2 and it should say CLR with a long loud beep....still cant get to the audio settings though.

ASL and RDS were both on, held 1 and 6 pressed disc 3 times, held AM, no result.
Old 08-12-08, 10:05 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bump this, cuz i wanna know how get it to work on non nav 01+ gs
Old 08-13-08, 07:08 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by fuzionn
bump this, cuz i wanna know how get it to work on non nav 01+ gs
Hey guys i think this just for us with the Navigational Systems....

CEO
Old 07-31-09, 11:12 AM
lamw001
Rookie

Amazing post. Can't wait to try it at home after work.
Old 08-01-09, 11:16 AM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

There was a similar link for the non nav systems. It's been around for quite a while, at least 3 years.

Try it with aftermarket speakers. The stock ones are still junky. ML stock ones are junky too, despite all the hype.

Quick Reply: Programming the Pioneer Audio DSP in NAV GS400 NAV Cars