Sponsored by:

Urgent : Help - No Audio

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-11, 11:27 AM
rajeev6
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Urgent : Help - No Audio

I've HS250h Premium with Lexus Premium Audio - it comes with a multi function display monitor.
I was playing music from my iPod - took it out and then next time I tried to turn radio on there's no sound. Here're couple of strange observations :
  • No sound from any source - not from radio, CD, Aux, Bluetooth - not even from voice command or navigation.
  • Pressing the vol control **** does show Audio Off or when turned on it does show radio station or CD/iPod track but no sound.
  • Turning volume control doesn't show anything on the monitor display - normally I'd see a number for volume from 1 to 65. Looks like unit is aware that volume control is not working.
Thank you!
Old 05-09-11, 01:24 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

good thing you're under warranty. Amp is out. Replace the AMP and you'll be fine.
Old 05-16-11, 07:47 PM
OGteg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yup what he said, Should still be under warranty.
Old 05-17-11, 02:49 PM
BASSMANROY
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation

Originally Posted by rajeev6
I've HS250h Premium with Lexus Premium Audio - it comes with a multi function display monitor.
I was playing music from my iPod - took it out and then next time I tried to turn radio on there's no sound. Here're couple of strange observations :
  • No sound from any source - not from radio, CD, Aux, Bluetooth - not even from voice command or navigation.
  • Pressing the vol control **** does show Audio Off or when turned on it does show radio station or CD/iPod track but no sound.
  • Turning volume control doesn't show anything on the monitor display - normally I'd see a number for volume from 1 to 65. Looks like unit is aware that volume control is not working.
Thank you!
there is a problem with some of those factory units;; so i want you to try thi;;1-take of battery grond for a few minutes and then put it back ;; if still there is no audio ;check ;radio and factory amp fuses; ;;
Old 05-17-11, 02:52 PM
BASSMANROY
Driver School Candidate

check radio ;and factory amp fuse'and if they but have power ;; then take of battery grond for a few minutes and the put it back and see if radio come back on;;;
if after doing all that and still dont work and radio have power and no sound factory need replace or you use and after market four channel amp'''
Old 05-23-11, 09:37 AM
rajeev6
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by BASSMANROY
check radio ;and factory amp fuse'and if they but have power ;; then take of battery grond for a few minutes and the put it back and see if radio come back on;;;
if after doing all that and still dont work and radio have power and no sound factory need replace or you use and after market four channel amp'''
The technology in these cars in such and if you take the battery out, a lot of things will need to be reset.
Old 05-23-11, 09:40 AM
rajeev6
Pit Crew

Default Fixed

Well, it's working fine now - the amplifier was replaced by Lexus under warranty - thank you Lexus.
Old 06-02-11, 01:48 PM
BASSMANROY
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation

Originally Posted by rajeev6
Thank you!
hey man seem as if your system need to reset here is wht i want you to try '' the the ground side of the battery off for about 5min the put it on back your system should starting playing again ;if this become continuos there is a problem with the factory amp;; let me ;;;know if it work;;;
Old 06-07-11, 02:03 PM
rajeev6
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by BASSMANROY
hey man seem as if your system need to reset here is wht i want you to try '' the the ground side of the battery off for about 5min the put it on back your system should starting playing again ;if this become continuos there is a problem with the factory amp;; let me ;;;know if it work;;;
Sorry - can't try anything now - the unit was replaced by Lexus under warranty.
Thanks for your suggestions.