Sponsored by:

How XM is hooked up to Navi?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-11, 10:15 AM
abieren
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How XM is hooked up to Navi?

I'm hoping someone can help me because the service dept at the Lexus dealer we bought our car at was less then helpful or friendly. I bought my 2008 Lexus IS 350 in August of last year, at the time of purchase the XM radio had run it's subscription course but I still had the ability to push the AM/SAT button and show AM, SAT 1, SAT2, and SAT3. A few weeks after I purchased my car the entire Navi system went down, so I took it back to the dealer and they said a wire had come loose and all they needed to do was hook it back up. Well now I no longer have the ability to find my SAT1,2 or 3. It only has the AM. My question is, is there a wire that hooks into the back of the Navi system that hooks up the SAT that maybe they forgot to hook back up when they fixed the other wire, or is there some-other way that SAT is enabled through the NAVI system.
When I asked this question to the service dept they told me hmmm I don't know what you are talking about so we really can't help you.
So any help anyone out there can give me would be much appreciated.

Thanks
acreed
Old 06-06-11, 10:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

first it depends on which sat kit you have in the car. if it's the factory one, it's in the trunk and it has nothing to do with the back of the radio. but from your description it seems like it's an aftermarket kit that's installed at the back of the radio

for these kits, what they do is they put in a y harness on a factory harness at the back of the radio, in order to add one more mode to the car. it's possible that they disconnected this, but another likely possibility is when they pulled out the wires and checked for connectivity, the sat tuner / module got powered down and lost its programming. so now though plugged in, it's not working correctly anymore