Sponsored by:

Best Sub Brand?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-02, 04:35 PM
BigghookUp
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Sub Brand?????

I'd like to get a perspective for which brand you guys all think is best for AMPLIFIERS and SUBWOOFERS.

I'm goin for Audiobahn.

Please give me your imput.. Thanks
Old 09-10-02, 04:50 PM
LexSteele
Rookie

Default Like Whoa!!!

34" subs are great and everything, but practical...i think not.

Crossfire = Amps
JL = Subs

of course everthing depends on your application. Audionbahn are good for high SPL but have no listening pleasure, too much distortion. I think for good low, deep, bellowing, bass i would go with the Crossfire + JL's. OMG the W7 is soo hardcore But again message boards are opinions. If your ride is loud and tight I will be the first to admit it, if it's sloppy I'll be the first to clown.
Old 09-10-02, 05:11 PM
BigghookUp
Pole Position

I'm thinking of buying from www.ikesound.com

Can you guys check out this website and tell me if the prices they have are good?
Old 09-10-02, 07:07 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Best Sub Brand?????

Originally posted by BigghookUp
I'd like to get a perspective for which brand you guys all think is best for AMPLIFIERS and SUBWOOFERS.

I'm goin for Audiobahn.

What's your criteria for "best"?

Percy
Old 09-10-02, 07:11 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

i love audiobahn all the way. such show looking equipment. i have the class AB 3201 amp, (840watts mono) and their triple black leather sealed 12'' sub box. and its definitly the best system ive had in my truck. my friend has an insane system from audiobahn as well. he;s got 2 10'' subs, top of the line ones and 3 class HC amps. he sellin it bc he wants to get a sports car. anyone interested in the subs/amps etc. whole package.
as for myself, id liek to sell my system too. then upgrade to the flame series subs and class hc amp. any buyers on my system???
Old 09-10-02, 07:27 PM
BigghookUp
Pole Position

Thanks man, by the sounds of things it seems your really satsified. I was thinking of buying audiobahn and now im sure. One last questions do you have suggestions on what i should get.

I'm thinkin either 10 or 12 in subs (x2), which series?
I want something that handles at least 300 watts.
Any suggestions?

And 1 amp, also which one?
Just to clear things up, if i get 2 subs with at least 300 watts then i need a 2 channel amp that pushes at least __?____watts of power..

Please answer. I need help on making final descision.
Thanks alot
Old 09-10-02, 09:11 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

if u get two subs that handle 300 watts rms each, then u can use a 600 watt mono amp. rms power also. and u have to make sure all ur ohm match up. i would get two 300watt subs in 4ohms, wire them together and get a 600 watt in 2 ohm mono amp. it all depends on what ur looking for, when u get the subs, there a alot of diff models. also how much u wanna spend. go to their web site and match up what amp has the correct power rating. try the class AB amps.
Old 09-11-02, 03:30 AM
TimDimman
Pole Position

Originally posted by DJ SprinklesNJO
try the class AB amps.
Why? If for subs, why not class D?

Tim
Old 09-11-02, 03:38 AM
TimDimman
Pole Position

Default Re: Best Sub Brand?????

Originally posted by BigghookUp

I'm goin for Audiobahn.

If your definition of "best" is loud and low, then you need linearity in a driver.

Adire offers excellent products (check out the peak to peak of their Brahma) and offers superb customer service. In fact, you can find a founding member of Adire on these types of boards supporting his products (without spamming the hell out of the sites). Their prices are competitive, and though relatively new in the car audio market (~3 years I believe) they have a solid home foundation, and R&D provides new technology in a field that doesn't really change much.

They've proven their worth in the competition lanes.

They are definitely not "showy" though, as most of their drivers are nothing but a black cone.

As for an amp, I guess you could say a watt is a watt is a watt. I'd just look for one that doesn't over rate their power output. This is really subjective. Even though a watt is a watt is a watt, it seems as though some of the input stages color the sound (to some peoples liking ).

Tim "I should get paid for sounding like such a marketer..."
Old 09-11-02, 11:28 AM
Lvangundy

This is one of those questions that's almost impossible to answer...

Each brand has it's own characteristics and quality. Some subs are deep some are tight..some amps have more of a clean sound than power...all varies.

Last edited by Lvangundy; 09-11-02 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-11-02, 11:59 AM
Swing913
Pole Position

I personally think that Zapco's amps are the best. I have used several brands in amps. PPI, Soundstream, Zapco's. Zapco has the cleanest and powerful sound ever. THe competition series is what I am referring to. For subs, I have tried PPI FLAT PISTONS 10", Alpine Type S and Type R, ADS 12", and currently I am running two Decware 10". I am not sure if you have heard of them, they are the best SQ subs ever. They are handmade the guy who designs it tested over 2000 subs.
Old 09-11-02, 12:01 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

YEA CLASS D WOULD BE GREAT FOR SUBS, BUT THEIR MORE EXPENSIVE. I DONT KNOW WHAT THIS PERSON IS WORKING WITH, HOW MUCH THEY WANT TO SPEND. ETC. SO YEA CLASS D WOULD BE BEST. LOL
Old 09-11-02, 03:40 PM
BigghookUp
Pole Position

I have a question, I just need to clarify things cause im still learing.

Say i get the Audiobahn A800x1q
1 channel
560 w x1@40hms mono
800 w x1#2ohm mono

Will this amp hold enough power to push say two 300 watt woofers?

Does it have enough imputs and outputs?
Old 09-11-02, 05:38 PM
LexSteele
Rookie

Default i concur

Originally posted by Swing913
I personally think that Zapco's amps are the best. I have used several brands in amps. PPI, Soundstream, Zapco's. Zapco has the cleanest and powerful sound ever. THe competition series is what I am referring to. For subs, I have tried PPI FLAT PISTONS 10", Alpine Type S and Type R, ADS 12", and currently I am running two Decware 10". I am not sure if you have heard of them, they are the best SQ subs ever. They are handmade the guy who designs it tested over 2000 subs.
Zapco Amps are absolutely awesome. earth shattering power and pristine sound quality. Definately a Plus over Audiobahn in my opinion. But hey, it's my opinion. Do whatcha like.
Old 09-11-02, 06:47 PM
BigghookUp
Pole Position

can you guys give me a link to someone who sells zapco products plz.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Best Sub Brand?????