Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

RAAMmat Priase..

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-02, 03:59 PM
Lvangundy

Default RAAMmat Priase..

OK, I have not yet installed the RAAMmat anywhere inside my car yet, but I put some in my 2x 15"s box.

In between the flat mount area of the speakers and the wood (where you screw the speakers in) I put a strip of RAAMmat between all the screws. Iif you can imagine a circular pattern with little half inch wide, maybe 3 or 4" long strips this is what I did.

It made a huge difference in getting rid of rattles between the carpet and the speaker mounts and made the air seal alot more tight. Result - less rattle (which was only audible with the trunk open) and more bass! The improvement was tightening the air seal.

Also when I picked up my roll from Rick @ RAAMmat, he showed me a demo SC he was working on that had mat installed in the doors and over the entire car. He showed me a knock test comparing my car to the RAAM installed car. Knocking on the door panels from outside yielded a quiet 'thump' and my car had that pingy metal noise. I can't wait to get this stuff in. He also said it works as a great weather insulator, and this is good becuase winter is coming around.

Rick is an extremely knowledgeable guy about car audio. Anyone interested in making their car more quiet, and improving the sound dynamics should get in contact with him.

Check out http://www.raamaudio.com/ and thanks to RETRODRIVE (misssed you at Rick's house) for showing us all to this awesome product.
Old 09-15-02, 10:32 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

thx for props

Yeah, Rick told me about you coming down and picking up some mat. Too bad I have missed you. I'll be up for the next SoCal meet anyway.
Old 09-19-02, 02:39 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm from torrance where can i see soem demo of this raammaat before i buy some. how much does it go for??
Old 09-19-02, 02:44 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

http://www.cureline.net/lex/raamsale.htm

The guy is in oceanside so you can drop by and check out the product yourself.
Old 09-20-02, 11:03 AM
Lvangundy

Jmai - I'm in torrance also..I've probably been on the same street as you before. LOL..

I'll PM you w/ my cell.

Also, retro and rick - RAAM mat install is going..but I'm pretty inexperienced at it so it's kinda sloppy. I've done one door, and most of the back seat including the rear deck.

Last edited by Lvangundy; 09-20-02 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-20-02, 02:19 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your the one with the 90LS400 right?? man we talked before. your name is Lee?? so whats up man. when we gonna meet up and check out each others ride. i gotta see this raammaat stuff. shoot me your number and i'll give you a call maybe tonight or something and you can check out my HID's while we are at it.. LOL