Sponsored by:

Alpine Cva-1003

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-02, 02:21 AM
Gs3Will
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine Cva-1003

hey people... how u doin -=)... well anyway's i have a 2000 gs 3... i have a used alpine cva-1003 and i want to install it in my new car now... but the thing is i've talk to people... and i found a place that will make me a custom face plate so i got that covered... but the amount of money they told me that i have to do to work it... cause i have to rewire the whole dang car... cause there is no adapters to it... nothing that will work unless everything is changed... anybody done it themselves and know exactly know how u do it... that will save me alot of money and will greatly help me out... if not is there a shop that will install it for a cheap price... thanx for the helping out...

william
Old 10-01-02, 10:10 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you don't have to re-wire your whole car. that's a bunch of BS if i ever heard any.

what part of CA are you from? i installed my alpine iva in my SC4 with no problems. go find a reputable shop that knows what they're doing.
Old 10-02-02, 05:25 PM
alexulan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The shop is right..
If you are going high end and I'm assuming you might be, you can totaly rewire your whole car from RCA, Ground, Power and Speaker wires.

Are you running new AMPS?
Are you installing new Speakers?
How much of the stock wires/system do you wish to recylce?

A good reputable shop will charge a lot because the correct and proper install will require some hours that they need to bill for.

Any jack *** with some black electrical tape and a knife can install it. The question is how much would you pay for a hack job and in the end would you be happy?
Old 10-02-02, 07:31 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when you mention re-wire, i thought you meant to take out existing wires and replace with new ones. just keep the old wires there... and put the new ones in. that's what i was referring to. sorry for not explaining in detail.

run new power, ground, speakers, and subs. but you can easily do this yourself, just like a pro can. save yourself a couple hundred. but hey, it's your money.
Old 10-03-02, 12:03 PM
Gs3Will
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post got a quote~!!!

hey thanx u guy's recently i took my car to presision sound up in chino hills... i know those guy's pretty well... cause i took many car's to them... and also i got the quote for my car... with a custom abs plastic face plate and installin the head in there is 125.00 bucks -=) i happy... the face plate is goin to cost me 80 and 45 to install... i rather pay that lil 45 and get it done professionally cause i really hate messin anything with wires... ahhh wires give me headaches... thanx again

william