Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

I NEED HELP, feedback from pac adapters!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-02 | 11:07 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Default I NEED HELP, feedback from pac adapters!!!

Im so ****in irritated its not funny. I just spent ungodly amounts of cash getting this system put in, and Im having problems galore!! Heres what I have

JL Audio 300/2 to front speakers
JL Audio 300/2 to rear speakers
JL Audio 500/1 to a single JL 12W6V2

I have the factory NAV system so I did not change out the head unit. The amps are running off of PAC adapters that are hooked up after the factory amp. I was getting a ton of feedback through the speakers, this feedback was also making the NAV screen go fuzzy on and off as well. I took it back to the shop today to have them figure it out. It turned out that the speaker wires and RCA's were getting feedback from the factory wire loom that runs down the passenger side of the car, the one that also seems to go to the NAV brain. The shop re ran the RCA's away from the NAV brain, which seemed to solve the problem for the most part(by the way one of the 2 channel amps is custom mounted upright on the side wall, right behind the NAV brain, thats why the wires were running under the brain to begin with). Thjey also wrapped the factory loom with sheilded tape. Well, I left the shop after 5 freakin hours, and most of the feedback, not all, seemed to be gone, but now the problem is I have a ton of engine wine coming through now, which I didnt have before. The shop is a reputable shop in my area, they say they never seen this kind of feedback issue with a Lexus. Has anyone else had this problem, if so what did your shop do to sove it?

Its my understanding the you can catch the signal before or after the factory amp, if you do it before you would have to use adapters to boost the signal, if you do it after you use the PAC adapters and get a higher voltage signal. My shop said that if you use boosters you run the risk of getting feedback from the signal, I cant imagine more feedback than what IM getting.

By the way, I said feedback from the PAC adapters, it may not be coming from them, it sounds more like interference form factory wiring.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Nothing sucks more than dropping a large amount of cash and end up unhappy with the results. This freakin sucks!!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by TTurboPimp; 10-02-02 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-03-02 | 01:32 AM
kidcapp
Lead Lap

i would tap in to the signal before the factory amp you need a nice clean signal you do not need a booster you can use the pac's they will work just fine your jl amps will boost the signal if you are getting you signal after the factory amp you are gettin a lot of distortion then when you run that thru your jl's your are amplifying the distortion so it sounds like *hit when you turn it up hope this helps you. ask Percy as well he is the expert on audio
Old 10-03-02 | 02:34 AM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

What kinda car?