Sponsored by:

No sound through any speakers in my SC300

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-11, 05:16 PM
pieisgude
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No sound through any speakers in my SC300

Here's a little background on my setup. I have a CarPC in the trunk where the CD changer used to be. And also in the trunk i have a 5 channel amp. The audio input to the amp is via RCA/3.5mm Audio Jack into the computer. And then all the speaker outputs are the original wires taken from the old amp's plug. Sub woofer is replaced by a trunk unit.

Recently though, the music just cut out. One night it started to static out then it went silent. And from than night there's no sound. It's strange because i checked the audio output from the computer, and it's fine (used a pair of headphones). Not sure if it's the amp because i also tested 2 other amps in place of mine setup the exact same way with no sound coming out to either of the speakers nor the sub. Is there possibly a fuse that's just been throwing this off? Or maybe a ground issue? The fuses underneath the hood all look fine so i'm not sure what it could be. I'm posting this here in case this was an SC related problem, not just a general car audio problem. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Old 11-13-11, 01:25 AM
Kalogerus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmmm could be a bad wire connection, make sure all connections are secure. If not test your speakers.

I am having this problem today with the new head unit, but speakers go off then come back on, all of them. So i will check connections tomorrow.