Search this Thread

Old 12-03-11, 12:43 PM
vicious
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AUDIO PPL Please Help!!!! pioneer double-din wont power up

1993 ls400
pioneer avh-p2300

so the stock stereo works when its plugged in. but plugging in the pioneer i dont get anything

used the sosche kit recommended on the tutorial.

thinking 2 things...

i didnt connect the wires properly together?

or

i think it may be the way i grounded the wires? i attached the grounds from the deck wire to the sosche harness, grounded it next to another wire being grounded by the passenger leg.
i attached the green parking brake wire to the ground bc it said it can also be grounded instead of hooking it to the parking break wire?

Old 12-03-11, 06:46 PM
k7q
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

grounding the parking brake to ground would let you use the navi while driving.

check the red(12v) yellow(acc ignition) and black(ground) wires. if you have a light tester to see if power in going to the red nad yellow
Old 12-04-11, 06:38 AM
irishcharm
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

grab a multimeter and test the wires already mentioned above.

also check the small fuse thats on the pioneer.

finally. this is an almost be all, end all of checking for issues.
= unplug all wires from the schosche adapter. so that you just have the wires coming directly from the pioneer unit.
=then take the yellow and red from your pioneer and tie them together - pop your hood.
=take those two wires and put them to the positive of your battery, then take the black and put it to the negative.
=if it turns on then the unit is fine and maybe you have a pin/soder/wire crimp issue in the schosche harness.

-also take that red splicer and throw it away. they are garbage and useless, even though it comes with the pioneer unit lol.
-finally do all of this at your own risk.....and i dk about your area of living but in PA it is illegal to view a video in motion in the front seat and I have had cops pull some of my former customers over who decided to bypass this safety precaution. (i.e. buy a toggle switch)
Old 12-04-11, 01:00 PM
vicious
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fixed it! looks like some of the blue splicers didnt cut through the insulation good enough so twisted and clamped the wires again.

wrapped and taped the parking break wire around a metal part of the chasis but still wont let me view video things (all i want is photos)

so would it be better to wrap it around a screw going into the chasis?
Old 12-04-11, 02:45 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 86 Likes on 62 Posts

the video bypass needs to be on a relay triggered by the remote wire (blue/white wire)from the radio or a switch as mentioned before...bcuz that wire needs to see ground AFTER the radio powers up..then an only then may u watch ur movies not nav(2300vdoesnt have nav)

again it is illegal to watch video while the vehicle is in motion..view at your own risk..
Old 12-04-11, 03:37 PM
irishcharm
Driver

looks like im post following shibumi1........i can remember when the avics used to not be able to be bypassed due to the gyro inside lol.

vicious dont use clamps nor wire nuts. use crimp caps, soder, ect. not saying you did but it would last longer to use other resources
Old 12-04-11, 03:59 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

[QUOTE=irishcharm;6861699]looks like im post following shibumi1........i can remember when the avics used to not be able to be bypassed due to the gyro inside lol.

thats funny... it was only 1 model year.. once people realized there was no way to do a bypass(well u could open the radio an solder a bridge inside which voided all warranty an possibly destroy a $1000 unit)... no one bought pioneers...an returned the ones they did... prompting them to rethink their bypass situation to sell more units...the next yr.. an the avic bypass situation is different from the avh p units w/o nav...

Last edited by Shibumi1; 12-04-11 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-04-11, 05:06 PM
irishcharm
Driver

exactly. though that year i did show an outstanding number of pioneer returns in the avics. i also though that was pioneers mulligan because they took about 5 mintues to boot up. and god forbid it was cold out. a long term (new double din every 2 years customer) said it once took him 15 mintues to boot it up when it was cold out, in fact his car warmed up quicker.

thats also why i used to keep a gps next to my 4000dvd in my rx8. for that purpose.
Old 12-05-11, 07:16 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

the joys of remote engine start... lol i start my truck at least 5mins b4 i go out so its no longer an issue....