Sponsored by:

Speakers, Sub, and Amp laying around...need recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-11, 02:10 AM
MrGudbar99
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speakers, Sub, and Amp laying around...need recommendations

Just as the title says, I have just a few audio pieces at home that are not installed. Now that I have decided to ride out the stock radio for awhile, I was wondering if these parts are even worth installing compared to the stock speakers and sub that comes in a GS (non-ML). I did not buy any of these, so it's not a big deal if they aren't that great. The other thing is, would there be anything in addition needed (besides the door kit) or anything else I would have to consider/worry about if these pieces were installed. Thanks in advance...

Polk Audio DB651 6.5"
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-bJHDiCg...er-reviews-tab

Kicker Comp 05C104 x 2 in a box. Fits perfectly in that space under the stock sub.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-GvTlR7N...er-reviews-tab

Power Acoustik PS2-820
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...k-PS2-820.html
Old 12-27-11, 07:44 AM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

I was wondering if these parts are even worth installing compared to the stock speakers and sub that comes in a GS (non-ML).
I compared the speakers in my ES-350 which retail for more than $200 each to a set of $85 Phoenix Gold speakers. The Lexus speakers look like the $5 models from Wal-Mart. Compared to the PG speakers, they sound that way also. Anything would have been an improvement in my ES.
Old 12-27-11, 08:10 AM
irishcharm
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the original speakers in my Is250 were actually pioneer made speakers and were quite nice indeed. however in my old rx8 i owned the set of polk audio's you have. Now mine were hooked up to a nice 4 channel amp but they sounded amazing. good price/marine rated/crisp sound with a good bump of bass. In my opinion, if you had an after market radio or a 4 ch amp laying around....do it. but it depends on your taste of the factory speakers. you could always run factory until they blow and then you already know you have a quality backup pair ready.
Old 12-27-11, 05:21 PM
MrGudbar99
Driver

Thanks guys.

I was thinking of doing just that...wait for the factory speakers to blow and replace them all. When I'm ready, I'll do it right though with a new nav/dvd player, amp, speakers, etc. I was just curious to see if getting those Polks installed would make any difference or worth the hassle and money. So for now, I'll just stick with the sub and amp install.