Sponsored by:

Replacing all speakers

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-02, 01:44 PM
speed101
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

What about Lanzar speaker.. they make ultra thin and they sound amazing. The best part is the warr and the price they are very faily priced and come with a year warr so if you blow them all you do is send them back.. I have done 3 cars in lanzar speakers ... I do not use there amps but here they are medium grade. Let me know if anyone is interested . Maybe I could do some kind of group buy if okay with the mod. and you guys would like...
Old 10-29-02, 09:45 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry for saying how it is but Lanzar is very poor quality company ar whatever they make. Since speakers are the most important component in how well your system would sound, I would stay away.
Old 10-29-02, 10:10 PM
speed101
Driver School Candidate

I think it is funny you say that. Lanzar won iassca for best quality and sound... I have had systems with mbquarts morel ads diamond audio pioneer alpine the works and can not seem to get the same sound quality especially at the price.. now I can afford to purchase any system and practically any cars i would like money is no object....From my personal experiance I disagree.... good luck with whatever you decide... and as for there other equipment not sure on the performance...
Old 10-29-02, 10:30 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

speed101,

Do you have any links for Lanzar and Iasca...what I'm looking for is IASCA acknowledging Lanzar as "best quality and sound".

Percy
Old 10-30-02, 03:33 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

I would really like to see that also. Lanzar/Power Acoustic/Pyramid etc. are in the same category right now. Lanzar might have been a company that was produsing half-descent equipment but now days the brand is just crap.
Old 10-30-02, 01:07 PM
speed101
Driver School Candidate

Sorry I do not have any links ... but I am sure it is out there some where. Locally in Tucson AZ there was a shop that had the iasca promo van. In this shop there was awards and pictures of the iasca show, also a framed article from some audio magazine. Listen you are entitled to your own opinion and I wish I could produce more evidence but this is all I have ... I still would not buy anything else. Speaker wises... sorry if you guy feels differently about it. And I am only talking about the VX Line.
Old 10-30-02, 01:30 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Here's the site.

http://www.lanzar.com

I took a look at it and ime, it's all hype. The speaker specs are scant at best...heck, even the bikini contests at the finals have more substance.

The vehicle itself does not acknowledge any "iasca winning best sound quality" status - at least none that I saw on the website. Instead, they're for dB drag, which is NOT for sound quality, but instead for "how loud can you go" contests. USAC is more for SPL - IASCA is more for sound quality.

There is a picture of the van in the background, though they have no info on the website.

As for the VX speakers, no distortion graphs, no REAL specs, no crossover points (how can they get away with that?!?!) - only the general, and I mean very very general specs are listed.

But, with all due respect to Speed101, to each his own. If he likes the choice that he made, then so be it - as long as his system goal was met.

With all the "loopholes" and undisclosed info, I wouldn't recommend them. But, if you do listen to them and DO like them, then the more power to you.

Percy
Old 10-30-02, 02:37 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Compare them to something like Focal, Rainbow, Dynaudio and even Boston. You will then know for sure how they sound. Its all good if you are happy with them though!