Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

gutting audio system 1993 ls400???????

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-12, 08:23 PM
Corey6310
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gutting audio system 1993 ls400???????

Ok i have a 1993 lexus ls 400 with the nak system... the amp is fried somewhere cause i put all new door speakers in and the front left sounds horrible ive tested that speaker too and it works. i just want to gut it all out amp cd changer ...every thing and just run the door speakers straight to my aftermarket kenwood stereo. also i want to put 2 subs and an amp to go with them in the back. any tutorials or anything? lol i just want a simple audio system with alot of bass. oh and i have an idea.. why run new wires to the speakers when i can just cut the stock wire and run it to my radio? please help my im about to cry looking at this foreign sound system xD
Old 02-05-12, 06:37 AM
irishcharm
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ummm cry?

little info needed first. who installed your deck? and how? did they use the proper harness for your car or rig something in there? this is crucial info.

Car Audio 101 - your aftermarket deck should have an RCA output that says sub on the rear. that will go to your aftermarket amp that will be used for your subwoofers. get an amp power kit and call it a day. - done........as far as the amp bypass in theory you can take the input to the amp and wire it to the output of the amp (again theory only). but due to the information you gave you can take some "speed wire" and run it from the headunit output to the wires that come out of the NAK amp. boom. done.
Old 02-05-12, 06:38 AM
Corey6310
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by irishcharm
ummm cry?

little info needed first. who installed your deck? and how? did they use the proper harness for your car or rig something in there? this is crucial info.

Car Audio 101 - your aftermarket deck should have an RCA output that says sub on the rear. that will go to your aftermarket amp that will be used for your subwoofers. get an amp power kit and call it a day. - done........as far as the amp bypass in theory you can take the input to the amp and wire it to the output of the amp (again theory only). but due to the information you gave you can take some "speed wire" and run it from the headunit output to the wires that come out of the NAK amp. boom. done.
no i used the harness for my factory amp. and i put it in but i lost the sub... and i just ment run the old wires straight from the new door speakers to my head unit it has 4 channels that are 50w each. cause the amp is fried for sure
Old 02-05-12, 08:03 AM
irishcharm
Driver

i understand that. im adding a step to save you a headache. if you run "speed wire" from your deck to where the amp is in your trunk, disconnect your amp, and take that wire you just ran and connect it to the outputs (i.e. the same wires that go into each of your doors, then you wont have to struggle with door molex or adding lots of speaker wire. and if you ever get rid of the car....you dont have to explain anything to the next owner. so then at that point your headunit is connected to your speakers like you wanted. just without having to do more work then necessary............so headunit ----> 4 Ch speed wire http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...DWM9-20FT.html -------> wires that are coming out of your OEM amp (includes disconnecting the amp and all) -------> factory wires that run into your doors (nothing needed here)
Old 02-05-12, 08:41 PM
Corey6310
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by irishcharm
i understand that. im adding a step to save you a headache. if you run "speed wire" from your deck to where the amp is in your trunk, disconnect your amp, and take that wire you just ran and connect it to the outputs (i.e. the same wires that go into each of your doors, then you wont have to struggle with door molex or adding lots of speaker wire. and if you ever get rid of the car....you dont have to explain anything to the next owner. so then at that point your headunit is connected to your speakers like you wanted. just without having to do more work then necessary............so headunit ----> 4 Ch speed wire http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...DWM9-20FT.html -------> wires that are coming out of your OEM amp (includes disconnecting the amp and all) -------> factory wires that run into your doors (nothing needed here)
thanks bro but i got fed up and disconnected the amp and just bought some decent wire and ran the wires from the speakers to the HU but i made it look nice... you cant see any wires and i ran the wires into the factory clips incase i wanna buy different door speakers but hey im on a budget and i need some decent bass.. any subs/ boxes, amp and or power kit that you would recommend?
Old 02-06-12, 06:14 AM
irishcharm
Driver

i will then, at this point, direct you to many other posts on your bass choices. it seems i punch the same ticket everytime so to save space I will just direct you to those responses.

just keep in mind.....subs are a small luxury so save up and buy quality. "you get what you pay for"......im also sure thats on many other posts too. getting an SPX setup from Pepboys and spending $90 or getting a Kicker/Alpine/ECT for $300 is a huge difference.

GL and happy searching