Sponsored by:

Help with wiring side mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-12, 07:14 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Help with wiring side mirrors

Hi guys ive posted for help under my local and 2IS specific fourm but I think I need to talk to more electronic savy people. I purchased the 2009 sidemirror upgrade from sewell and they came with a plug that fit the 08 harness. I tapped into the only extra wire and ran that to the wire for the blinker under the driver side door sill. I know these are the right wires because i used a pulse toner and identified each side invidually.

I did the passenger side first and it worked when i hit the switch for the right blinker my head light blinker, tail light blinker and the side mirror blinker worked. So I disconnected it and moved to the driver side. Same thing plugged it in and it worked. I thought I was done so I went to wrap up. Plugged both sides into their harness before I went to put on the door pannels I decided to check the final product on the outside. No matter which way I flipped my switch the hazzards went off (both left and right arrows popped up).

Now if I unplug one side left or right it works again (with the exception of the mirror of whichever side I unplug).

Any suggestions? I am puzzled. I checked the fuse under the hood and I cant get to they relay under the steering wheel. Are there other fuses or a way I can get to that relay...can it even be the relay since unplugging either side works?

It crossed my mind that maybe the hole sewell sodered the wire into on the 08 plug might have been used for another feature in the 0708 models so maybe I should cut the wire to avoid any current being sent over?