Sponsored by:

Finally a Valentine 1 installation that I love

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-02, 12:51 PM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally a Valentine 1 installation that I love

My friend sent me these pics of a BMW with a Valentine one installed under a plastic cover on the rear deck and the remote audio adapter in the ashtray. I love this. I don't know if anybody has shown this type of install already.

Ok here are some of the details. I keep correcting this as my friend gets more details for the install in his M3. Ok the main unit goes undet the plastic cover on the rear deck and they install the remote audio adapter and concealed display unit anywhere you want in the front of the car. My friend said that he can also put the arrows in the mirror like some other installs. I'd get the concealed display unit in the ashtray of my GS. I've seen a pic on CL of someone who did that. I don't know where I'd put the remote audio adapter. Maybe I'd put remote audio adapter in the ashtray and the concealed display unit someplace else.
Attached Thumbnails Finally a Valentine 1 installation that I love-v1a.jpg  

Last edited by Sam Khoury; 10-24-02 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-24-02, 12:51 PM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Pic #2
Attached Thumbnails Finally a Valentine 1 installation that I love-v1b.jpg  
Old 10-24-02, 12:52 PM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Pic #3
Attached Thumbnails Finally a Valentine 1 installation that I love-v1c.jpg  
Old 10-24-02, 12:55 PM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Pic #4 - Remote audio adapter in the ashtray.
Attached Thumbnails Finally a Valentine 1 installation that I love-v1.jpg  

Last edited by Sam Khoury; 10-24-02 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-24-02, 01:02 PM
Lexozz
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes! Pls get some more info, I need something like that, it's very clever!
Old 10-24-02, 01:22 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks great. Can you get details about its effectiveness being concealed with only the vents for it to do its work? I've been wanting to get a V1. I just did not want it sitting on the dash.
Old 10-24-02, 01:24 PM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

I've updated my first post one more time.

Neo, I also asked about the vents covering the sensor and my friend wasn't 100% sure if that same cover is used on all installs. My friend has an M3 and is going to visit the place to get more info.

Last edited by Sam Khoury; 10-24-02 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-24-02, 01:40 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Neat idea, for sure, but it seems like a lot of hassle.

I've never had any issue with detecting rear "bogeys" with my install (see here); range has always been excellent.
Old 10-24-02, 02:06 PM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Dex, that's pretty nice.

I really like the way some places put the arrows and bogey counter right into the rear view mirror. You can check out some pics on www.teknicar.com . I'd include links to the pics but it's a flash enabled site. Just click on the Radars link, then View Installations and then Mirror Mounted. I think that's pretty cool.

I just thought of another idea, repace the change holder on the left side of the dash with the remote audio adapter and put the concealed display unit in the ashtray.
Old 10-24-02, 02:08 PM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Here's a pic of the concealed display unit installed right in the dashboad. It's hard to see because it's not on but it's right below the tachometer.
Attached Thumbnails Finally a Valentine 1 installation that I love-v1f.jpg  
Old 10-24-02, 02:28 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Sam Khoury
Dex, that's pretty nice.

I really like the way some places put the arrows and bogey counter right into the rear view mirror. You can check out some pics on www.teknicar.com . I'd include links to the pics but it's a flash enabled site. Just click on the Radars link, then View Installations and then Mirror Mounted. I think that's pretty cool.

I just thought of another idea, repace the change holder on the left side of the dash with the remote audio adapter and put the concealed display unit in the ashtray.
Now that would rock.

I remember that teknicar site; we discussed it here before. I about had an accident in my shorts when I saw the rear view mirror; I wanted one of those.
Old 10-24-02, 03:04 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Thumbs up Amazing!

I really like the built in the rear view mirror mod, but this speaker mod could be a DIY type thing. Keep us informed and I'll take any links or pics you can get.

Overclocker
Old 10-24-02, 04:37 PM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

I'm going to measure the size of the change holder tonight to see if the remote audio adapter will fit in there. The Valentine 1 has the dimensions listed for it on their site. I know that the concealed display unit will fit in the ashtray from the following pic from this thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=16592

The only thing I don't like about the ashtray is having to look down there to see the radar information. I have another idea. I read on a thread that 1998 GS's had a sunglasses compartment up by the homelink system but my 1999 didn't have that and my 2002 doesn't either. If I can that part from the 1998 which has the sunglasses holder, maybe that can be converted to hold the concealed display unit, that way it's closer to the read view mirror and then I won't have to look down at the display in the ashtray. Can anybody confirm that the 1998 GS's had a sunglass compartment?
Old 10-24-02, 05:11 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My 98 GS300 does not have a sunglass compartment. If I do, i don't know about it.

Also, when I was driving into work, I noticed that we can't really do the rear install like in the pic. For one thing, the V1 would sit right above the sub grille. There is also a small headrest for the center rear passenger that may block the sensor.
Old 10-24-02, 06:05 PM
Roofless
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Dex
I remember that teknicar site; we discussed it here before. I about had an accident in my shorts when I saw the rear view mirror; I wanted one of those.
Me too. Anyone doing the mirror installs in California?

Quick Reply: Finally a Valentine 1 installation that I love