Sponsored by:

1999 ES300 Custom AUX ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-12, 02:15 AM
AntzCro
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1999 ES300 Custom AUX ???

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone can help me out here because i have a little bit of general knowledge on this sort of stuff.Now, I would like to install my own AUX input which intercepts the signal from the CD-changer to the head-unit.
I just need to know things like do I need any relays/switches etc.
I've read that I need to intercept the wiring from the CD-changer to the AMP but it goes directly to the Head-unit.
Also are there any dangers like the battery depleting faster than usual, cross-talk between signals and what not.

Any help would be great Thanks !
Old 02-26-15, 07:58 PM
Boker1204
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting idea

Hi, I'm new to this. This is my first post. I would consider myself intermediate at best when it comes to electrical stuff. I'm sure it can be done if you have the stock radio and know the correct wires to tap into to add an input.. I'm guessing they would come out of the CD player since that is the media being 'played'. Possibly the stock head unit. I know its hard to add the stock CD changer into an aftermarket head unit. Its easier just to get an aftermarket head unit that has Bluetooth, RCA input and outputs, iPod connector, built in amplifier and everything else these headunits have these days. I didn't check how long ago this was posted but if you ever do this let me know. Good luck.
Old 02-26-15, 07:59 PM
Boker1204
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lol

Only a few years late lol