Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

More damn system problems!AHHHH!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-02, 07:33 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default More damn system problems!AHHHH!!

This is really pissing me off at this point. I spent a rediculous amount of cash for this system and the "professional" install, and have had nothing but problems. A while ago I was asking about a bunch of noise that I was getting, adn tried a bunch of rmedies that didnt work. I narrowed it down to either a bad rca, grounded out speaker wire, or bad amp. All of the noise is coming from the rear speakers, when I disconnect the rear rca's the noise is gone. I geuss thats what I will doing tomorrow.

Heres the new problem. I just installed a Kenwood 6042A EQ in hopes to eliminate some noise by eliminating two of the three PAC adapters(and also add some control over the system). Heres the thing, before I added the EQ, I could turn up the volume pretty much all the way without any tyoe of distortion or clipping at all from the Bostons. Now that I have the EQ installed, the speakers start clipping really badly about half way up with the volume. The speakers are pretty loud at that point, but before I could push them much further without any issues. Could the problem be the amount of voltage that the PAC adapters put out going into the EQ. For example, if the EQ would like to see 4 volts, and the PACs I would imagine are pushing out like 1.5 Volts. Should I play with the gains on the PAC adapters? Damn, I hope I didnt spend the cash on this EQ and change the system for the worse. I would hate to have to change it all back. Any input would be appreciated.

Bananags, I know you have the same EQ, any problems like this with yours?