Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Having problems with water getting to my speakers through the door panels

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-02, 12:45 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Having problems with water getting to my speakers through the door panels

Yet another issue with my system. It seems like everytime I get one issue figured out, another one pops up. I recently had Boston Pro 6.5's installed all around in my GS. I took the rear door panel off the other day while I was looking for a ground out problem, and I noticed a pretty decent amount of water has been getting to the back of my speaker(and crossover, its mounted on the backside of the speaker bezel), its been raining pretty hard in MD for about a week off and on. I then noticed today that there was water marks on my front drivers door panel, on the bottom where it has carpet on it. I ran my hand acrossed it and an assload of water came out, as though it had just been sitting there soaking it up for the past week. I havent had a chance to take the front panel off yet to see whats up, Im half way afraid to see how wet the speaker and crossover is. The only thing I can think of is with the factory speaker housings taken out, there is nothing there to protect the speakers and stop water from entering. ANy suggestions on how to fix this? I was thinking of using some plastic attached using silicon behind the speakers to protect them, similar to the plastic used by the factory on the rest of the panel,but Im afraid that the plastic will make noise when the speakers are pumping. Has anyone else encountered this, if so how did you fix it?
Old 11-20-02, 10:21 PM
concepts
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The water is finding its way to you interior via the speaker.

Make sure you have a baffle or a rain gutter on top of your speaker and make sure it is water tight.

See this, you can cuz this in half

http://store.autotoys.com/cgi-bin/wf...Product/XTC6.5

also, make sure of the wires going to the speakers, make a drip loop ( a knot) so water does not follow it all the way down the wires, onto your speakers and then into your car.