Lexus Audio

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-12, 10:14 AM
lextout
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Lexus Audio

Guys,

which aftermarket speakers sound real nice on the stock deck(non nakamichi), whats your experience. My stock speakers are still good but i want them to sound better. thanks
Old 10-19-12, 10:42 AM
1UGLYGS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Almost any aftermarket speaker sounds good with the stock deck. Just be aware that when you install the new speakers, the original speakers are inclosed. Which means to achieve the best quality you need to retro fit the speakers in a similar fashion. If you don't you'll get echo.
Old 10-19-12, 01:57 PM
guod
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was considering changing my speakers as well until I stumbled upon this post. The described settings completely transformed the sound of the stock system. Might want to give it a try before spending any money. I know it works with 98-00, but don't know about later years. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...-nav-cars.html

Last edited by guod; 10-20-12 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-19-12, 03:35 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

You're better off keeping the stocks. The stocks are fantastic! A LOT of thought was put into the ported enclosures that are in the doors right now. The bass response is superb. I replaced all of mine, but made complete custom set up. IMO, if not doing that, its almost pointless. Stocks are fine. Even at first I kept my stocks and put a JL Audio 1000/4 amp to them to get them louder. I only replaced because I needed even louder to keep up with my subs.

You also need to clarify what you mean by "better". Do you mean louder?
Old 10-19-12, 03:48 PM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree a 100% keep the stocks their truly great speakers!! If you wanna get a little bit more umff out of your stock system do the mod for stock speakers and change the factory settings...
Old 10-27-12, 08:42 AM
lextout
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
You're better off keeping the stocks. The stocks are fantastic! A LOT of thought was put into the ported enclosures that are in the doors right now. The bass response is superb. I replaced all of mine, but made complete custom set up. IMO, if not doing that, its almost pointless. Stocks are fine. Even at first I kept my stocks and put a JL Audio 1000/4 amp to them to get them louder. I only replaced because I needed even louder to keep up with my subs.

You also need to clarify what you mean by "better". Do you mean louder?
Yes louder and crisp, they sound distorted at times. Does anyone know which aftermarket speaker is 100% equivalent to the stock pioneer? i really like the stock sound,thanks
Old 11-13-12, 08:57 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a tough one, because "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". My experience is that stock speakers are crap (yes, even in a Lexus). I am running Hertz HSK165 component speakers in my IS350, on Zapco amps. The difference over what came in the car is literally like night and day. An aftermarket amp on your door speakers will play louder, but if you want a "clean" signal, you are going to want "clean" amps and use highly efficient drivers. Very few high end factory audio systems compare to what people running SQ systems are using in their cars. You don't have to spend $5,000 to get a clean audio system, but don't be fooled by thinking that a "premium" sound system in a car sounds good. They are altered to adjust for weaknesses in the car's system and are geared for what the average car buyer considers a "good" sounding audio system.
Old 12-06-12, 06:23 AM
guzmanword
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree,This is a tough one, because "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". My experience is that stock speakers are crap