Sponsored by:

92-93 SC400 Alarm Installation Instrucitons

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-02, 09:56 PM
henrynguyen
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 92-93 SC400 Alarm Installation Instrucitons

I have successfully installed my SC400 Alarm system. It save me over $600.00 dollars in labor. If you need motor lock instructions, please let me know.
Good Luck

http://www.geocities.com/henryquyen/lexussc400.html

Last edited by henrynguyen; 12-05-02 at 10:01 PM.
Old 12-06-02, 01:18 AM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for sharing. I printed it out.
Just to confirm- this is a wiring guide to use when installing an after-market alarm, that details the wiring of the existing factory alarm, right?
What sort of alarm did you install? Was that wiring guide part of the alarm's documentation?
I don't recall ever seeing a post from someone who has had an SC stolen- are our cars particularly vulnerable?
Old 12-06-02, 01:47 AM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember one member whose sc got stolen but I guess he didn't lock the door.. also when i was looking for sc, I saw 2,3 sc's had the title of "stolen recovery car.." or something.

henrynguyen, how long total did it take to install? I was gonna install myself this summer but haven't had the time for it yet. Are you knowledgeble in electronical field?
Old 12-06-02, 03:14 AM
henrynguyen
Driver

Thumbs up comment on starter safety

ALL AFTER MARKET ALARM HAVE COLOR WIRES CODE AND INSTRUCTIONS. IT IS VERY EASY TO INSTALL. Here is my alarm system. It is on ebay for 159.00 + shipping. Good alarm system.

NOTICE: SC400 AUTOMATIC TRANSMITION USE THE BRAKE PADEL WIRE(THE BLACK WIRE ABOVE THE BRAKE PADEL) AND CONNECT IT TO THE HAND BRAKE WIRE IN YOUR ALARM SYSTEM TO PREVENT PEOPLE FROM STEALING. IF THE BRAKE PADEL PRESS BEFORE THE KEY IS IN THE IGNITION, THE ENGINE WILL STOP. IT IS ALSO STOP WHEN THEY TRY TO CUT THE WIRE TOO.

Last edited by pcmw; 03-03-03 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-06-02, 03:18 AM
henrynguyen
Driver

Default Very long

Originally posted by Taka
I remember one member whose sc got stolen but I guess he didn't lock the door.. also when i was looking for sc, I saw 2,3 sc's had the title of "stolen recovery car.." or something.

henrynguyen, how long total did it take to install? I was gonna install myself this summer but haven't had the time for it yet. Are you knowledgeble in electronical field?
Lexus have too many wires. It took me 14hrs of work to get the alarm system to work like to professional installation.
Old 12-06-02, 03:20 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
funny thing, my friend just got the same alarm for $130. works pretty good, although i wish the range was better. it's pretty sensitive also...dont' know if that's a good thing or bad thing.
Old 12-06-02, 03:23 AM
henrynguyen
Driver

Thumbs up Alarm should work with factory alarm system

Notice: THE ALARM I PURCHASED ALSO HAVE FACTORY ARM AND DISARM. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE ON YOUR ALARM SYSTEM, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO INSTALL SO YOUR ALARM SYSTEM WILL WORK WITH THE FACTORY ALARM.
IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO KEEP YOUR FACTORY.
Old 12-06-02, 03:44 AM
henrynguyen
Driver

Cool for alarm installation

Originally posted by PERRYinLA
Thanks for sharing. I printed it out.
Just to confirm- this is a wiring guide to use when installing an after-market alarm, that details the wiring of the existing factory alarm, right?
What sort of alarm did you install? Was that wiring guide part of the alarm's documentation?
I don't recall ever seeing a post from someone who has had an SC stolen- are our cars particularly vulnerable?
Yes the details wiring diagram I posted is existing on 92-93 SC400. Follow the instructions from after market alarm and the wiring diagram I provided. If you have any question during install I will try to help.
Old 12-06-02, 03:57 AM
henrynguyen
Driver

Thumbs down Sensitive?

Originally posted by do-luck sc
funny thing, my friend just got the same alarm for $130. works pretty good, although i wish the range was better. it's pretty sensitive also...dont' know if that's a good thing or bad thing.
The dual stage shock sensor work excellent. The alarm will not sound if you park in the airport, loud noise etc. But if you kick the car, it will beep three times and send the information to the LCD pager. The range is 2500ft not bad at all compare to any other alarm available at the stores. Your friend might have a similar look but not the same brand alarm I guess.
Old 12-08-02, 11:42 PM
kengtay
Driver School Candidate

Default I have mine installed in 10Hr

Done my 1995 SC300 in 10Hr with remote start and keep the factory alarm together. Going to do the LCD with DVD + Reverse Sensor and Front Sensor this winter Break. Never get to estimate the how long is the front and the back. Let you guy know it later, If you guy need any Circuit diagram for the Alarm, Please let me know.
Old 10-01-06, 10:42 AM
qmanlexus2
Driver School Candidate

I know This post is old but do you still ahve the instructions. My SC300 was stolen with the factory alarm on. The Car will start if they break the window and break the Ignition. Well My car was found stripped and I just got another used 93 SC300 and I need add a second alarm to Mine so the Bastards dont come back and take my other one. I need all the help I can get.
Old 10-01-06, 07:35 PM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

i got an alarm installed for 250 bucks. Took 4 hours but its cool, i needed one. I have the stock one still and it works if the door is unlocked. I can either use the a/m or the stock to unlock the doors. I actully think its kind of convienent.
Old 10-18-06, 01:21 PM
Jeffro
Driver School Candidate

These color codes will be the same for the 92 sc300, right?
Also, do I need a relay to bypass the manual tranny with a brand new compustar?