Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Just wondering: DD Audio 9515's vs. MMATS Juggernauts

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-02, 02:59 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Heh, you never know whom you can bump into on CL boards!

If Bill Gates or George Bush are on here, PM me, I wanna chat
Old 12-21-02, 10:57 AM
Iboomalot
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: IBOOMALOT - DD surround wrong!!!

Originally posted by kensttgs400
Hey IBOOMALOT!

You've gone on this chat board saying you designed the JUGG f/us!! Well you open up the can of worms I'm going to fill you up on it. I said I helped design the FIRST juggs(4yrs ago) which is true and the thread poster implied that DD had copied the JUGG which wasn't the case.

First of all, you did not design our surround!! Your design was wrong(too short!) and we designed a taller one that could handle 2"'s of x-max. Your design was way too short, the one you spec'd on your DD!! The surround I did for DD which mmats is now using that came from LCC is identical to mine other than being .1" wider also that surround is made to handle 3.5" p-p throw before stretch.

Second - We totally designed all of our own voice coils - .67 ohms
1.0 ohms - 1.4 ohms - 2.0 ohms - Dual 4 ohms. never said you didn't

Thirdly - If you want to continue with that ego of yours thinking you designed our stuff, I invite you (and welcome any Lexus owners) to come by our Manufacturing facility and watch us do our OWN STUFF, with you no where around! LOL you only started doing in-house less than 1 yr ago

BTW on a LEGAL NOTE- If you're working for another speaker manufacturer and want to say PUBLICALLY that you designed our JUGGS when indeed that is not true (& I'll Prove it!!) Keep it up - I'll have a law suit slapped on you so fast you'll wish you never found this chat room!! I hope I make myself clear!!
You must not work for mmats because your back ground knowledge is very limited. Everyone knows DD did the first Jugg and then John Henry(treo) and now its done in-house. This is old news and for some reason you have your panties in a bunch simply because I set the record straight that DD didn't copy mmats.

mmats has made some changes in the design but its still basically what it was 4yrs ago with some added cosmetics and more VC selections.

Either way its a very nice driver and it should be even if it costs 300.00 more than a 9515.
Old 09-08-23, 08:58 PM
jaymannycee41887
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by kensttgs400
Hey IBOOMALOT!

You've gone on this chat board saying you designed the JUGG f/us!! Well you open up the can of worms I'm going to fill you up on it.

First of all, you did not design our surround!! Your design was wrong(too short!) and we designed a taller one that could handle 2"'s of x-max. Your design was way too short, the one you spec'd on your DD!!

Second - We totally designed all of our own voice coils - .67 ohms
1.0 ohms - 1.4 ohms - 2.0 ohms - Dual 4 ohms.

Thirdly - If you want to continue with that ego of yours thinking you designed our stuff, I invite you (and welcome any Lexus owners) to come by our Manufacturing facility and watch us do our OWN STUFF, with you no where around!
BTW on a LEGAL NOTE- If you're working for another speaker manufacturer and want to say PUBLICALLY that you designed our JUGGS when indeed that is not true (& I'll Prove it!!) Keep it up - I'll have a law suit slapped on you so fast you'll wish you never found this chat room!! I hope I make myself clear!!
you are definitely an idiot! You don't work for **** and won't slap a lawsuit on anyone the only thing thats getting slapped is my nuts on your chin. DD audio walks all over those pos juggs
Old 09-08-23, 09:02 PM
jaymannycee41887
3rd Gear

Hey LS400,

Excuse me getting "spooled" up, but IBOOMALOT is talking about our Registered and Patented product. As a business owner I take that very seriously. As far as your ?. Full suggested retail price for a Jugg 15 is $749. You can usually find dealers who may be "hungry" that may sell them for $499-$549 respectively. Be aware, they need a MINIMUM of 800 -1000 Watts RMS amplifier on them(we design & build those also) to really warrant the $'s you will spend on the speaker. If you cannot give it that much power, I highly recommend you step down to a smaller motor speaker.

ie. 140-180 oz. motor structure, 3" kapton coil, lighter cast frame or large stamped steel frame, 12-15 mm x-max 1-way, etc.
Don't waste bucks on a big speaker unless you can buy a BIG Amplifier to push it. It would only be a waste!

Hope this helps.
you don't have a patented on **** you bull**** artist. **** mmats and **** you
Old 09-08-23, 09:05 PM
jaymannycee41887
3rd Gear

So Bassfreak,

Please enlighten me when u had the chance to A/B test the DD speaker against our Jugs, along with the detailed speaker enclosure specs, along with the power that was being fed to both. I'm really interested to know this based on your blanket statement. In case you are not aware, the Jugs have won every SPL Endurance competition at the world finals in Nashville the last 4 years in a row!! Funny DD has never done that, can u please explain that??

Ken S.
your juggernauts? You dont own **** little boy. Go to sleep so i can **** you mom little boy
Old 09-09-23, 03:04 PM
JaySco
Intermediate

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by jaymannycee41887
you are definitely an idiot!….
This dude!
You really took the time to create an account and dig up a 10yr old thread just to talk smack?! What a life.
Old 10-21-23, 12:08 PM
jullie1220
1st Gear

DD (Digital Designs) subwoofers are known for their SPL capabilities and reputation in that regard. While Juggernaut subwoofers are also capable, DD subs are often favored for SPL applications. Sdarot TV
Old 02-06-24, 08:05 AM
Jess98sc
2nd gear

DD all day. Anyday,..unless ya poor lmao