Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Some good sound mods for newbie?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-13, 12:51 PM
Samieee
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some good sound mods for newbie?

Hey all,

I have a 2011 IS350 non ML and want to upgrade the sound a bit. I'm not familiar with audio so not sure where to start and search.

What are some good low budget starting points for a beginner? Some decent bang for the buck upgrades?
Old 01-07-13, 05:26 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

what do you find lacking? bass,mids tweets??? volume issue. need more info
Old 01-07-13, 09:01 AM
twistedman
Rookie

Originally Posted by Samieee
Hey all,

I have a 2011 IS350 non ML and want to upgrade the sound a bit. I'm not familiar with audio so not sure where to start and search.

What are some good low budget starting points for a beginner? Some decent bang for the buck upgrades?
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...s-Package.html

Low budget!!!
Old 01-07-13, 09:26 AM
twistedman
Rookie

You will also need one of these..

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...he-CLOC-D.html

Stock system actually sounds pretty good, with these addons u can set your stock systems base and treb to flat, that way you don't blow any speakers, and the two subs and amp can take care of the thump your looking for!!! Just a suggestion
Old 01-07-13, 01:20 PM
Samieee
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
what do you find lacking? bass,mids tweets??? volume issue. need more info
Well, I don't know what technical details to look for. I only understand bass lol. I only know that the Harmon Kardon system in my dad's BMW sounds better to me. I suppose I'd like a mobile theater or at least on that path
Old 01-07-13, 01:28 PM
Samieee
Pole Position

Originally Posted by twistedman
You will also need one of these..

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...he-CLOC-D.html

Stock system actually sounds pretty good, with these addons u can set your stock systems base and treb to flat, that way you don't blow any speakers, and the two subs and amp can take care of the thump your looking for!!! Just a suggestion
Thanks for the suggestions!

Are these subwoofers add ons or replacements? I hope they're not too heavy. I like to toss my car around
Old 01-07-13, 06:14 PM
twistedman
Rookie

Originally Posted by Samieee
Thanks for the suggestions!

Are these subwoofers add ons or replacements? I hope they're not too heavy. I like to toss my car around
They are add ons, the box the 2 tens are in should slide nice and snug to the back of your trunk!! You just need to go to your local Car audio shop and see the type of box that would suit your needs based on the size of your trunk. Maybe 1 ten in a ported box will be all your looking for! Thats what i started off with years ago and it sounded really nice!!!

The real issue is making sure you speak with someone that knows what they are talking about, and not trying to just take your money. Also remember!!! you get what you pay for so buying crappy equipment will produce crappy sound.. so that example that i showed you may not sound that great!!!
Old 01-08-13, 05:58 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

The real issue is making sure you speak with someone that knows what they are talking about, and not trying to just take your money. Also remember!!! you get what you pay for so buying crappy equipment will produce crappy sound.. so that example that i showed you may not sound that great!!![/QUOTE]

2nd^^^^^^^^ but shop around.. do your research read reviews (stick with name brand products ie:jbl,infinity,rockford,kicker pioneer,kenwood,alpine,jlaudio,mmats etc) as they have the foundation for an inexpensive but reliable product..(not just cheap junk)if at all possible look for a high end shop rather than a big box brand store and build a relationship.a good installer can help ease the process.. (i actually have customers call me BEFORE they'll buy a car to make sure it will suit their musical an tech needs) and steer you away from faulty products as we hate warranty work or doing repairs for shoddy equipment..

lastly if price is a major factor..then do the system in stages in order of priority..if u have to have bass do that 1st,, and as the oem speakers start to fail then upgrade them..