Sponsored by:

Need Help Fast!! Stock head, new amp

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-02, 03:57 PM
jjjjjjj
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Fast!! Stock head, new amp

Alright guys, my buddy is on his way over so I can install a aftermarket amp to his stock head unit. I already know to run a power wire with a fuse from the battery, ground to the chassis, and hook up a LLC to the wires that go to the stock sub, but what wire do I use for remote? He has a 98 gs300 and im not sure if his amp is in the trunk or the kick panel yet but I'll know when he gets here. Can you guys tell me which wire to use for remote for both the nakamichi head unit and the other stock headuint(I belive it is a jvc, or a pioneer). Thanks guys.
Old 12-28-02, 05:37 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

your gonna need to go to lexus dealer and ask for a wire diagram. they hsould give you a photocopy for free.
Old 12-28-02, 07:55 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Need Help Fast!! Stock head, new amp

Amp is in the kickpanel, below the glovebox area. You'll have to strip apart some of the interior to get at it.

Percy

Originally posted by jjjjjjj
Alright guys, my buddy is on his way over so I can install a aftermarket amp to his stock head unit. I already know to run a power wire with a fuse from the battery, ground to the chassis, and hook up a LLC to the wires that go to the stock sub, but what wire do I use for remote? He has a 98 gs300 and im not sure if his amp is in the trunk or the kick panel yet but I'll know when he gets here. Can you guys tell me which wire to use for remote for both the nakamichi head unit and the other stock headuint(I belive it is a jvc, or a pioneer). Thanks guys.
Old 12-28-02, 09:25 PM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Need Help Fast!! Stock head, new amp

Originally posted by jjjjjjj
You can save some time and effort by getting a PAC Vendetta LLC with the amp turn on trigger built in.

MW