Sponsored by:

Factory radio problem ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-03, 10:56 PM
Copout221
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory radio problem ???

My 99 GS stock Pioneer radio has horrible Fm/AM reception and the dealer cannot diagnose the problem. Two nights ago the CD player was playing and I attempted to change songs and it would not respond to any commands. I was able to switch to the FM radio mode and all that happened was the display showed FM1 and nothing more. I attempted to switch back to CD and Tape without success. After turning the car off and restarting the radio began to work again normally.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or something like it ? If so what did you or your dealer do about it ? I am curious if they will put a new head unit in the car ??

Last edited by Copout221; 01-03-03 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-04-03, 02:20 AM
gsexploits
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too have had odd problems with my radio - except mine is the ML system.

I have had the CD playing and switched to radio only to have the radio play OVER the CD.

When turning the car off then back on after a few minutes (letting the car go through its power on diagnostics it does everytime you start it), everything was back to normal.

I am not sure Lexus would replace it unless you immediately drove to the dealership and was able to replicate the problem.

Obviously this shouldn't happen, but with as many electronics going on in cars today, much like computers get bugs for no reasons that go away after power up...doesn't make me feel better but unless it is a recurring problem, not much you can do about it.

Relacing the headunit may or may not make it go away as it could be something else (not sure if you have NAV) causing the conflict.

Good luck.