Sponsored by:

Installing Alpine CVA-1003

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-03, 12:28 AM
alexamparo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Alpine CVA-1003

OK.....How do I connect the foot brake and parking brake wires to their respective sources....I can install a radio but this is the first time I install a screen. anyway the manual said one wire will be connected to a ground side of an indicator and one to the parking brakes indicator power...so technically shouldn't it work if I ground the one that needs to be grounded and I attach a 12V source to the one that needs the power??? By any chance is there someone that knows the colors of the wires I need to use to do it "legally."
Old 01-26-03, 12:32 AM
alexamparo
Pole Position

and by "legally" I mean doing it the correct way and not using the "black box" or any bypass for the video lock. My car (as do most cars) has an inactive zone in the parking brake where the indicator light will be on but the brake won't yet be applyed....so i dont have a problem doing it the right way.
Old 01-26-03, 01:53 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

sounds like your trying to drive while watching dvd's. i would just grab those bypasses on e-bay. even though when the breaks are applied to the first notch it doesn't seem like the breaks are engaged, but really they are. and its not a good idea to do that bro. i would avoid that if you can.
Old 01-27-03, 03:51 PM
VIP Styles UA5

you can power up the foot brake wire but you can't simply ground the hand brake wire because alpine requires a "fancy dance" before video is enabled. specifically, alpine requires you depress and hold the foot brake while you pump the hand brake 3 times before you can let go of the foot brake. so it will be better if you hook up the parking brake wire to a switch that is grounded on the other end.

or buy this and you are set every time you start the car...

Last edited by VIP Styles UA5; 01-27-03 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-27-03, 04:05 PM
alexamparo
Pole Position

Originally posted by VIP Styles UA5
you can power up the foot brake wire but you can't simply ground the hand brake wire because alpine requires a "fancy dance" before video is enabled. specifically, alpine requires you depress and hold the foot brake while you pump the hand brake 3 times before you can let go of the foot brake. so it will be better if you hook up the parking brake wire to a switch that is grounded on the other end.

or buy this and you are set every time you start the car...
so let me get this straight....if i simply ground the hand brake wire and evertime i get in teh car i do the "fancy dance" it will turn on ??? and your recommendation on attaching it to a switch that has a ground...can you give me a suggestion that will work fine?? this is confusing help me out here....or i guess i'll just end up buying a "black box"
Old 01-28-03, 01:30 PM
VIP Styles UA5

alpine uses 2 safeties...a wire connecting to the hand brake and another to the foot brake. when the handle brake is on, it sees GROUND. when you press the foot brake, it sees POWER. so if you think about it, you can wire those 2 safety wires to switches that are appropriately connected to either ground or power. i had the 1005 in an accord, and i ran the foot brake safety wire to the actual foot brake but i ran the hand brake wire to a switch (which was grounded). to enable video, i depressed and held the foot brake while i flipped the hand brake switch several times back and forth...when i released the foot brake, i got video. now if you do not prefer to wire up the foot brake safety wire to the actual foot brake, you can wire it to another switch which is then wired to power. you basically flip this switch, flip the other one several times back and forth, and then finally flip the foot brake switch back and you get video.

do you see what i am saying or are you even more confused?!?!?
Old 01-29-03, 12:42 PM
alexamparo
Pole Position

Originally posted by VIP Styles UA5
alpine uses 2 safeties...a wire connecting to the hand brake and another to the foot brake. when the handle brake is on, it sees GROUND. when you press the foot brake, it sees POWER. so if you think about it, you can wire those 2 safety wires to switches that are appropriately connected to either ground or power. i had the 1005 in an accord, and i ran the foot brake safety wire to the actual foot brake but i ran the hand brake wire to a switch (which was grounded). to enable video, i depressed and held the foot brake while i flipped the hand brake switch several times back and forth...when i released the foot brake, i got video. now if you do not prefer to wire up the foot brake safety wire to the actual foot brake, you can wire it to another switch which is then wired to power. you basically flip this switch, flip the other one several times back and forth, and then finally flip the foot brake switch back and you get video.

do you see what i am saying or are you even more confused?!?!?
I just think it will be funny as hell to do this little dance everytime i get in my car.....left- right-little bit of this-little bit of that cha cha cha... lol...i think i'll just get the black box..hahahahaha
Old 01-29-03, 03:42 PM
CoreY2K1
Driver

Thumbs up

i've got one hooked up to mine, and it makes life so much easier