Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

what alarm/remote start are people using?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-13 | 07:34 PM
rick1987
Pole Position

Default what alarm/remote start are people using?

Im sick of going out and starting the car to let it warm up for 10 minutes.

And I dont like leaving the car out there running with the keys in it for that long, Kinda bad neighborhood.

So I would like to get an alarm/remote start.

what is everyone using and do you like it?

I will be installing it in a 2000 LS400

I was looking at some viper 2 way lcd ones and they look fancy and cool but are they good? or will it just break in a year.
Old 12-27-13 | 02:47 PM
rick1987
Pole Position

well I ended up picking up a viper 5704. I will try installing it myself next week.

The door locks are confusing tho, I have to go inside the driver door and conect between the door lock and door ecu? that stinks!
Old 12-27-13 | 06:05 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rick1987
well I ended up picking up a viper 5704. I will try installing it myself next week.

next time look into python (its viper at a lower price point) the viper name comes with a premium

The door locks are confusing tho, I have to go inside the driver door and conect between the door lock and door ecu? that stinks!
its not as bad as it seems just double check your diodes direction.. also you'll need an idatalink (ads-al-ca or ads-tb) ads-tb being the cheaper of the 2..for the transponder bypass (you can always hide a key in the car but i've never been a fan of that)

good luck (remember to program the alarm for automatic transmission mode) and double pulse unlock

back to the door locks u only need to run 2 wires in..(lock/unlock triggers) as you can get power for the relay at the power window switch..

again good luck
Old 12-28-13 | 02:24 PM
rick1987
Pole Position

Awesome!

I may have a few other questions for you. As I have been searching the Internet for other 5704 installs.

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
its not as bad as it seems just double check your diodes direction.. also you'll need an idatalink (ads-al-ca or ads-tb) ads-tb being the cheaper of the 2..for the transponder bypass (you can always hide a key in the car but i've never been a fan of that)

good luck (remember to program the alarm for automatic transmission mode) and double pulse unlock

back to the door locks u only need to run 2 wires in..(lock/unlock triggers) as you can get power for the relay at the power window switch..

again good luck
Old 12-30-13 | 06:14 PM
rick1987
Pole Position

Does anyone know where the key immobilizer is? Haha

It's not on the key cylinder like I thought.
I ran out of time today, I'll have to try and take more of the dash apart tomorrow to find it.

Got the locks all set.

Still trying to find the door trigger. Could I just use the interior light in the footwell?
Old 12-31-13 | 05:20 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

no arm/disarm wire ( the oem alarm arms & disarms with lock/unlock) but for remote start purposes use the keysense wire (its yellow, negative trigger at the ignition harness) tie it to the remote start status output trigger from the alarm (blue w white stripe)

if u have the bypass module (flashed with the proper firmware..u should also have the install diagram for it) if not contact the seller and make sure... fyi the immobilizer ring is around the key cylinder but the bypass mod will connect to the harness going into the cylinder ring.. the ADS module when programmed will learn the key signal frequency an duplicate it at remote start trigger only....

Last edited by Shibumi1; 12-31-13 at 05:27 AM.
Old 01-02-14 | 10:44 PM
rick1987
Pole Position

Thank you Shibumi1.

I was able to finish my install. Just a couple little tweaks and it will be perfect. I thought the install was going to be a lot easier than it was. I did a lot of research before hand and watched multiple videos.
Some things I noticed about the ls. There isn't a lot of space under the dash, you need to remove the radio to get to get to the immobilizer. And put some good padding down on the floor. My legs are killing me!