Sponsored by:

whats your ideal audio/video setup?? MAIN UNITS

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-03, 10:10 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats your ideal audio/video setup?? MAIN UNITS

i'm trying to find a good setup. i already have all my speakers, subs and amps. so i don't need opinions on those. i'm looking for your guys dream/best audio video setup. I want to know specifically what model headunit, Screen, dvd and navigation would you want to get if you have say 3000 dollar limit. Here is mine. its a little expensive, so i want to switch some of the units for others because i will just be using this for everyday use so i don't need the TOP OF THE LINE stuff.

850~ for reciever Alpine Dva-7996
1000~ for screen Alpine TME-M790
1500~ for navigation Alpine NVE-N852A.

i'm looking for a screen that is at least 6.8 inches in size. it doesn't matter if its a flip up or just a screen because i could also do a flush install.

I read that Pioneer has the best picture quality. but the only problem is that it might not have good picture quality due to the adapter if i use the Alpine Navigation. The Alpine Navigation doesn't change. only thing that changes is the Reciever and screen.
Old 02-04-03, 10:25 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
still thinking about your system again eh john?

have you ever looked into Eclipse head units? i used to have the 7301 and the 7002... and by FAR they had better picture than my alpine.

my ideal setup on a budget? if i were you, just use one of those dvd players you can stick under your seat. that's what i'm using. i used to have a clarion in dash dvd player (dvs9755z), an eclipse dv5101, an alpine dvd changer, and to me it's all the same thing. it's cool at first, but i sold those units and stuck with my budget dvd player still works. just takes maybe a second or two longer to get your dvd's in, but you're saving well over a couple hundred bucks. as far as the dvd nav goes, if you're only traveling in CA, you wont' use it much. How often do you travel?
Old 02-04-03, 10:36 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

I just like all those little points of Interest in the Alpine Navi system. I drive a lot with my girl. we go EVERYWHERE in california so i just wanted to have the navigation because i tend to get lost a lot. lol. I currently have an eclipse deck and i love the sound quality. but i'm looking for a video setup now. I totally agree with you on the brand names. i also think they are all the same. I looked into the 7301 but the 5.8 inch screen is just too small. i'm trying to get bigger the better. max is 8 inches that i can fit flush. My man concern would be the clarity of the Navigation so that i can read the street names on the screen. How about a Alpine screen and Alpine Navigation, BUT instead of using the Alpine reciever using a different reciever to save a couple hundred bucks.whats a good brand name reciever that at least has a cd player. no dvd player is fine.
Old 02-04-03, 10:38 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

has anyone used a pioneer lcd screen with the alpine navigation before?? how clear was it?
Old 02-04-03, 10:42 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hm... if you didn't want the cd player, i'd get the CVA-1003, but go for hte IVA-C800 instead. CD player and its got the same functions as the c801, but except for minor details that won't bother you. it should be like $1000 or less brand new. I got mine for $1200 i think a year ago.

i used the 7301 with the alpine navigation and it worked just perfect. only thing i hate was using another diff remote and i had to buy that stupid cable from alpine. other than that, you wont' have a hard time using the alpine nav with a different video reciever.
Old 02-04-03, 11:40 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by do-luck sc
hm... if you didn't want the cd player, i'd get the CVA-1003, but go for hte IVA-C800 instead. CD player and its got the same functions as the c801, but except for minor details that won't bother you. it should be like $1000 or less brand new. I got mine for $1200 i think a year ago.

i used the 7301 with the alpine navigation and it worked just perfect. only thing i hate was using another diff remote and i had to buy that stupid cable from alpine. other than that, you wont' have a hard time using the alpine nav with a different video reciever.
Thanks a lot. really helped. now whats the difference between the 800 and 801.??
Old 02-04-03, 11:47 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

i think i might try pioneer. anyone have any input on the pioneer. the pioneers seem to be a better deal. with a 7 inch screen and dvd player built in its almost about the same price as the alpine 6.5 with no dvd