Sponsored by:

Video-vav

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-03, 05:06 PM
rocklings
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Video-nav

Hello fellow members.. Anyone know about this box mentioned at IS300.net? I cut and pasted a post from a user called "vvt-i", I could not respond to his post since I am not a member there. He plans on distributing the product and I wanted to know if there was anythone familiar with it [all-in-one package] or if any GS owners have implemented a video-nav system like this that works well.

He was comparing the system to the PBA-N1 & Pioneer GEX-P7000TV which was his old system

Here is the message:

"I did the test installation on my GS about 6 months ago with video-nav unit. But now I found another product and I will switch to the new product next week.
This new product is one single(metal box). You don't need the PBN box from video-nav, you don't need the Pioneer GEX, you don't need the extra RGB cable. You don't need to cut any wire at all. It's a plug and play unit. The cost is $530.00 shipped.
It's come with TV antenna, tv tuner bluid in, 2 video input, 1 input for the rear camera(option, but as soon as you put the car in reverse the camera come on), 2 video out for the headrest monitor.
I will remove all the video-nav and pioneer GEX out by next week and restore all the wires back to factory. Then I will install this unit in my car. The beauty about it is, no cutting wires and inexpensive. I will have it done by the end of Jan. I will get some picture ready when it's done."

Last edited by rocklings; 02-07-03 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-07-03, 06:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

vvt-i is actually one of the moderators here
Old 02-08-03, 03:50 AM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm still testing the new system and make sure the quality is good and last for a long time. I got some white lines going across the Nav screen when it on the navigation and can't get rid of it(never have this problem with video-nav). May be the bluid quality is difference, but it's a good looking unit(new unit).
Old 02-08-03, 03:29 PM
rocklings
Driver School Candidate

Default great

VVT-i - sounds good. Keep me posted on your test results. I definitely want to watch DVD's on my nav but I'm looking for clean way to implement it. Do you know how to enable the screen buttons that shutt off while the car is moving?

Thanks,

rocklings
Old 02-13-03, 08:18 PM
mrlexusmn
Driver School Candidate

I believe this is what you are looking for.......

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=57257
Attached Thumbnails Video-vav-cbr600f4i_06.jpg  
Old 02-25-03, 10:59 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Video-nav

Originally posted by rocklings
This new product is one single(metal box). You don't need the PBN box from video-nav, you don't need the Pioneer GEX, you don't need the extra RGB cable. You don't need to cut any wire at all. It's a plug and play unit. The cost is $530.00 shipped.
It's come with TV antenna, tv tuner bluid in, 2 video input, 1 input for the rear camera(option, but as soon as you put the car in reverse the camera come on), 2 video out for the headrest monitor.
Sounds good...but how does it deal with the audio? Is an FM modulator included? Also, can it be operated with a remote control?
Keep up the good work and let us know of the latest update, thanks!