Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

How much do you think you should pay

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-14 | 11:43 AM
chrcrou26
Driver

Default How much do you think you should pay

Interested in what members think they should pay for different services.... Head unit installs.... Stock system replacements or diagnosing problems with stock or aftermarket systems..... Fiberglass applications door panels or full trunk builds.... Interior building or paint accenting.... What you've paid what you think you should have paid.... All opinions please....I may be able to help you out with some of ur issues or complaints.....
Old 04-30-14 | 08:35 AM
chrcrou26
Driver

Don't everybody comment at once lol
Old 05-01-14 | 05:24 AM
Billisme
Driver

I think most people would say they want to pay as little as possible

why the question? are you opening a shop? Is what you do different than anyone else?
I think the pricing can be dependent on the area; some areas you might be able to get away with charging more and in some areas you may want to be more competitive.
Old 05-01-14 | 07:07 AM
chrcrou26
Driver

Yes run my own shop... And I agree most people want to pay less.... Also agree areas like tampa are saturated with shops that all charge about the same but definitely don't all do the same qualityof work also just because you drive a higher end car shouldn't raise the price of simple things you know....
Old 05-01-14 | 08:51 PM
chrcrou26
Driver

Anybody else other then fellow installers that wanna take a crack after my question....
Old 05-05-14 | 06:25 AM
Billisme
Driver

I believe people only care about paying more for a better job only after they paid less and had a horrible experience. There are some exceptions out there. I'm sure you talked to someone that had some type of work done and it was a nightmare and they said they would of paid more to be done right.

You're not charging for just the work done, you're charging for the experience you have. I think many installers will undersell what it took to get their knowledge just to be the same price as others. If you know your stuff and your quality of work is above most, you should have no issue charging more and I would hope you value your knowledge and experience to make sure you charge accordingly.
Old 05-05-14 | 06:41 AM
chrcrou26
Driver

See that's the difference between starring a business and working for an established business..... I'm not selling myself short and also its quite the contrary un my case moat of my business right now is fixing the cars the come from the high recommend chop shop down the road that's started small and did exactly what you just said and I'mtrying tout avoid.... There headache got to big they started charging to much cutting corners getting greedy.... And as soon as they got the high end cars everything all of a sudden went up 150 bucks lol....fact... This way of doing business is what makes every kid with a Honda and a tool box say FU certified installer and so there own installs..... Kids are the ones buying the majority of this stuff.... And in my experience right now keeping the simple stuff in there price range make me more money and brings back more return business
Old 05-05-14 | 07:01 AM
chrcrou26
Driver

Lol I love that saying though....your not paying for my work your paying for my experience.....say that exact statement to a customer and watch them walk right out of your shop....lol
Old 05-08-14 | 06:04 AM
Billisme
Driver

Originally Posted by chrcrou26
Lol I love that saying though....your not paying for my work your paying for my experience.....say that exact statement to a customer and watch them walk right out of your shop....lol
I agree...say that to a 18 year old kid and they will probably walk out because all they care about is the cheapest price regardless of who does it.
Say that to a more established, mature person and they will be more interested in your experience and quality of work...because they would have the money to pay and probably have a more expensive vehicle.

Charge what you want, you don't need to come on forums asking what people think you should charge. In the end your customers (or lack thereof) will dictate if you are priced right for the quality work you do. Also look at the shops that have been around for a while that people go to all the time. Chances are they are not the cheapest, and probably closer to the most expensive.
Old 05-08-14 | 05:29 PM
chrcrou26
Driver

Funny the most expensive shops are the ones that are flooding my business with customers.... Because of haphazard and in my opinion amateur quality work.... I asked a simple question not to argue with one of the people that probably makes the question arise in the first place.... It's a simple fact....alot of shops get big then get sloppy... It's very common in many car related shops.... They put out the work that they can get away with
Old 05-09-14 | 05:48 AM
Billisme
Driver

I agree with some shops getting sloppy when they start getting bigger, mainly because they are hiring more warm bodies than good quality people.

Either way keep taking the business and maybe send those shops a Christmas card thanking them for your customers. Good luck with your business!
Old 05-09-14 | 09:55 AM
chrcrou26
Driver

Lol that's a good idea actually