Amp & Sub Install Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-14, 07:14 AM
RXRider13
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amp & Sub Install Issue

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum. I purchased My RX300 About Five months ago. I recently installed an amp and subwoofer. Here's my issue and I'm wondering if any one has had the same problem. I kept the factory head unit, factory speakers and amp. I tapped into the factory subwoofer with my Line Out Converter. since there were two sets of wires going to the factory sub I used one set as the right channel and the other as the left channel. ran all of the amp wires to there appropriate locations. I have good sound coming out. However, when I adjust the gain on the Line Out Converter something weird happens. I can only run one channel. If I try to turn up both channels it distorts and if I set the channel gains to the same position it cuts out completely.

Have any of you who have installed amps in the RX300 had this issue?
Did you hook it up in this manner?
Should I hook them up to the rear speakers instead and will that solve this problem?
Could I possibly have a channel hooked up backwards?

I'm am running a MTX amp bridged to a single sub and I've read on a car audio forum that when a LOC is used with a bridged amp that it can cause the sound to cancel itself out. I've installed a few systems over the years but this is the first time I've ever used a LOC. The LOC had no installation instructions, no do's or don'ts and I can't find anything on it online. I got a Truconnex TCLOC2 converter. It was a cheaper one and now I'm thinking I should buy a better one.

Have any of you who have installed an amp in a RX300 had this issue?
Old 05-14-14, 05:47 AM
Billisme
Driver

just curious, did the MTX amp have the capability of running high level directly into the amp (so you don't have to use the LOC)? That would be the preferred way if it's possible.
If you had one of the LOC's wires backwards you would get little to no bass so I don't think that is an issue however you can test that by reversing one of the input wires (either the left or right) and see if the sound changes.
Old 05-14-14, 07:18 AM
RXRider13
Driver School Candidate

Unfortunately the amp only low level inputs. I think I might have the left channel's polarity backwards. When I isolate the channels the right is a lot clearer than the left. I just haven't had the time to check all of my wiring yet. It does cut out if I run both channels which is why I think one is hooked up backwards.
Old 05-15-14, 04:46 PM
RXRider13
Driver School Candidate

I figured out what my problem was. I had one of the channels out of phase. Once I check the polarity and swapped one channel It fixed it. Now I have more bass than I know what to do with. Which is a good thing.