Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Could someone please just help me get this over with... Sub issue with double din

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-14, 11:47 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Could someone please just help me get this over with... Sub issue with double din

2nd Gen. GS W/Pioneer originally Stock.

whats up guys, so check it out, I've read all the threads you can imagine. Here on CL, lexusownersclub, Avic411.com, and one more audio forum can't recall was worthless anyhow... So check it out guys I just simply installed a double din pioneer and did the whole amp bypass using two of the crutchfield '87+ harnesses. Prior to installing this though I had already removed my stock sub, and using my stock pioneer, installed two subs and my amp both in the trunk, using a LOC from the stock subs connections. Now my question is, how do I get my subs to make noise with the new head unit im not understanding here. Ive got the amp turning on as it should. I obviously made the wire loom that runs behind though the glove box in which I wired my speakers to obviously, I also rearranged a few plugs and got everything working as far as my ACC, the negative, the 12v constant, and ran my wire for the VSS, but one thing I never ran was anything for my subs.... theres RCA's that come out of the new double din that are labeled sub woofer that I connected a 20ft RCA cable, ran it back to my amp, and from amp has the rca's to the subs, which now I obviously dont use the LOC anymore right? for what, obviously, but connected the rca's, amp remote, and yea, no subs....... no noise but all my interior work flawlessly, it sounds 10X better running all the component speakers off the new HU its amazing. Was I supposed to have any wiring in the wiring loom I ran for the speakers, for the subs as well? but then how would I then connect say IF there is sub wiring i was supposed to run, how would I connect the end of one of the harnesses (being sub wiring) then only having RCA's to plug into? but then that ALSO would connect me back up to the LOC wouldn't it? I hope I didnt loose anyone here, if you guys want pics let me know if they will help you. bottom line is, i only have a rca cable running from my double din, to my amp, which all works and turns on, and that RCA is connected to the new head units RCA connections labeled "Sub woofer" wouldnt that be it? Thanks a lot for read guys I really appreciate your time and help.
Old 06-14-14, 11:43 AM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Someone? Anyone?
Old 06-14-14, 01:08 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a "subwoofer on/off" setting or something of that sort on the head unit?

What is making the connection from the amp to the sub?
Old 06-16-14, 05:54 AM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Hey man, thanks a lot for taking the time, yea there is a menu option in the head unit menu to turn subs on or off, I of course did turn it on. So the way it's hooked up right now is, a 20 ft. RCA cable from the back of the head unit, to my amp k. Then there are RCA's that run from my amp, to the subs. All I really did was disconnect the RCA's that were going from the LOC into the amp, and plugged in the new 20ft one in the spots I removed those from. Then from the amp there's two RCA "outs" well call them, that go to the subs and that's it! I don't know man is there something missing? Lol
Old 06-16-14, 06:20 AM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Are they preamp outputs? I haven't messed with amps in a while, but usually if an amp has an RCA output it's not a powered output, it's a signal output to feed another amp, just like the one that comes out of your head unit. Does the amp have any other outputs?
Old 06-17-14, 01:35 AM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

No I don't think it's preamp, its got the RCA's that came off my old LOC, into the amp, (which now I have a 20ft RCA that's run straight from the head units RCA ends labeled "Subwoofer" into the amp directly, and then the set that go "out" from the amp to the subs... I dont know what else there COULD be, to even plug in lol...

Last edited by GSGenesis; 06-17-14 at 01:40 AM.
Old 06-17-14, 06:06 AM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

I've never seen an amp FEED a sub via RCA cables. Most RCA cables aren't very big so I can't see how that would work very well.

What model amp?
Old 06-17-14, 05:06 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

It's a very nice amp actually, it's made by Tru Technoligies, people have offered me some stupid amounts of money for this thing LOL, I purchased the whole set up from a friend a while back that just didn't care, sold me two image dynamic 12's in a custom box made for a silverado HD, paid $500 total. The amp alone at the time was $700 new, not sure now, but Sold the box a week later for $150, so yea, all in all was $350! Worked and sounded ANAZING! Until I got this dam double din lol... I may have things mixed up about that let me go look. I've got a thread somewhere around here with my whole set up too... If I can find it.. Thanks a lot for the reply by the way! Appretiate your time really.
Old 06-17-14, 05:31 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

This is the amp if you recognize it at all.. But mine is a bit longer, the next size up from these.. So the RCA from the head unit plug in on the left side, see the two on the left side? And then on the right side is the ones that go to the sub's. Thanks for correcting me on that.
Attached Thumbnails Could someone please just help me get this over with... Sub issue with double din-image.jpg  

Last edited by GSGenesis; 06-17-14 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-17-14, 05:32 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Attached Thumbnails Could someone please just help me get this over with... Sub issue with double din-image.jpg  
Old 06-17-14, 05:36 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Those outputs on the side next to the power should be getting connected TO your speakers. Any RCA output will be a signal only feed which would ONLY supply a signal to another amp, NOT feeding power to a speaker.
Old 06-18-14, 06:21 AM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Yea my bad that was totally my mistake I don't know why I thought they were indeed RCA cables, but they are not obviously... Sorry for the confusion. On my head unit in the settings there's an option that says "Rear speakers OFF" the option for subs is on, I'm going to reconnect my remote wire and see if a few things I messed with yields any results k. I'll update soon.