Sponsored by:

Possessed Radio?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-03, 08:17 AM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possessed Radio?

Anyone have issues with their radio turning on by itself? Often when I receive a call, I press the off button (volume ****) on the radio. About 10 minutes later, the radio turns on (normally playing CD). At first I thought that I must be pressing one of the buttons on the steering wheel. Now after being REALLY careful, I see this happens no matter what.

Since I seem to have a very noisy GS, it maybe is Lexus' way of hiding the noise? Not sure.

Anyone else have this issue?

Doug
Old 03-06-03, 09:02 AM
GS4DOUGIE
Lead Lap

Default Occasional Problems

Doug-

I have had problems with my NAK system also. I don't know what it stems from, but, I have expierenced times when NONE of the controls work. The systems is on but no sound, controls won't change the CD or Radio station. Normally, I don't mess with any controls(when failure occurs) and after approx. 5-10 minutes the system fires back up and all is fine. I had this happen probably 3 times since i bought it. CPO from Lexus purchased Sept 2001.

Doug
Old 03-06-03, 11:18 AM
octane300
Lead Lap

What up Doug(s)

I used to have that problem with my stereo automatically turning off, but it only happened a few times. No more problems since I moved to an aftermarket system.

Doug
Old 03-06-03, 01:01 PM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

It sounds to me like demonic possesion. My previous Y2KGS400 platinium had a problem where if I blasted the stereo real loud after awhile the sound would go real low. I recommend holy H20 & professional excorcism down ASAP. Just kidding yah. It's all about love .

Paul
Old 03-06-03, 09:29 PM
FilBoiLsGs
Driver

Default Nakamichi Malfunction

Both of my cars got Nakamichi stereo system.No problem so far in the LS but the GS sometimes turns off and theres an "err" message after playing 3 or more CDs.I have to turn off the ignition and then start again and the stereo will be fine.It was so annoying that my dealership ordered and replaced with a brand new Nakamichi. After a few months this brand new Nakamichi has the same problem again.I was about to log/record the dates and frequencies of the malfunction, and one day I brought back my car to the dealer and they said everythings fine and I have to check back with them again if ever the malfunction occur . I also consulted my friend/mechanic (who used to work @Lexus) & he adviced me to turn off the stereo and a/c each time I turn off the ignition/engine.That way, the next time I gonna use my car and when I start the ignition the stereo and the a/c is off .This will give sufficient time for the computer to reset (or some sort of going back to default...I forgot his exact technical term for that) and that would also prolong the life of my battery.I did try doing that and it is almost a year that I have no more problem with the sound system. He also told me that I do not have to keep pressing and/ or keep jumping from one cd to another especially during the loading mode "as if...this will confuse the computer system" this sounds like i need to reboot!

What can you say Mr. Mark Levinson, Madrigal, and others?