Sponsored by:

Wireless cd player/changer

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-03, 10:55 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wireless cd player/changer

Is there any good wireless cd player/changer in the market?? my brother has a car that came with tape deck only and wants to add a cd player but doesn't want to change the headunit. He's looking for a cd changer/player that could be used through the FM station.

Specific model, brand and links would really help. Thanks
Old 03-12-03, 09:16 AM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's called FM modulation. I think most companies still make them. I was going to do that but then I was like, what the hell I'll just make some mix tapes like the old days. Tape technology has come a long was since the 80s. Besides, you lose that "cd quality" with fm modulation I've been told.

since you asked for a link, here are some Pioneer models.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pi...010900,00.html
I hope i did that right, if not it's easy to find just go to pioneer's website and click on multi-cd players.
Old 03-12-03, 11:01 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

can someone look at these 2 and tell me which one is better. i know one is a 12 and one is a 6 disc. but which onehas better quality in sound.
Old 03-12-03, 12:06 PM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

I doubt you would be able to hear a difference between the two. Even if one player is better than the other I would image that 99% of that clarity is lost when the signal is coverted to an FM signal.
Old 03-12-03, 12:51 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Pianoman72
I doubt you would be able to hear a difference between the two. Even if one player is better than the other I would image that 99% of that clarity is lost when the signal is coverted to an FM signal.
99% isn't that over exagerating or are your serious
Old 03-13-03, 09:36 AM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

I was being serious. If one CD player is better than the other (sound wise) I really don't see how you could possibly hear the difference if they are FM mod players. I figured somebody else would chime in, too, but FM modulation isn't really a hot topic.

It's taking a CD and converting it into FM radio waves (not an advanced technology here), the crispness and clarity you are used to (I know your setup is pretty sweet) is not going to be there. But hey your friend will be able to play CDs and that's the goal, right?

I have the tape deck too and it's just not worth it to me to do FM mod because even with my crappy stock speakers I am fairly certain I would notice the poorness of the sound quality, and of course I'm going to upgrade the speakers later and then I know it would bother me.

If your friend is more concerned with sound quality he should use the tape adaptor/cd player setup. Of course that's a big hassle with wires going everywhere etc.

Did you ever get your antenna to go up and down? Somebody posted the solution a while back and I wasn't sure if you saw it.
Old 03-13-03, 10:09 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

I was being serious. If one CD player is better than the other (sound wise) I really don't see how you could possibly hear the difference if they are FM mod players. I figured somebody else would chime in, too, but FM modulation isn't really a hot topic.

It's taking a CD and converting it into FM radio waves (not an advanced technology here), the crispness and clarity you are used to (I know your setup is pretty sweet) is not going to be there. But hey your friend will be able to play CDs and that's the goal, right?

I have the tape deck too and it's just not worth it to me to do FM mod because even with my crappy stock speakers I am fairly certain I would notice the poorness of the sound quality, and of course I'm going to upgrade the speakers later and then I know it would bother me.

If your friend is more concerned with sound quality he should use the tape adaptor/cd player setup. Of course that's a big hassle with wires going everywhere etc.

Did you ever get your antenna to go up and down? Somebody posted the solution a while back and I wasn't sure if you saw it.
i saw it but didn't try it.

the reason why he doesn't want to deal is tape is because of the noise you get and also i don't think its that clear. i listen to the radio once in a while and i think it sounds great. will the cd player sound like this?
Old 03-13-03, 03:25 PM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

you're right I forgot about that tape hiss. Dolby B or C usually takes care of that.

Yeah, it'll sound like you're listening to the radio only better because the signal is right there. I wish there was a AUX input, that would make this so much easier.
Old 03-13-03, 03:31 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

you're right I forgot about that tape hiss. Dolby B or C usually takes care of that.

Yeah, it'll sound like you're listening to the radio only better because the signal is right there. I wish there was a AUX input, that would make this so much easier.
thanks for all your help man