Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

BLUETOOTH solutions for 2008 - models keeping it fresh.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-15, 09:52 AM
d93ben
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool BLUETOOTH solutions for 2008 - models keeping it fresh.

Hello everyone!! So let me start off by introducing the topic. It may seem simplementation but I want to throw forward a few disclosures. So as you may know many of our Lexus has the ability for bluetooth calling however lacking in the ability to play stream bluetooth audio.

I am aware that there are multiple other threads on this subject matter. However what I intend to do with this thread is bring to light relevant information concerning the recent available products and solutions.

So far we have..

DICE MEDIALINK
From what I've read the device itself is pretty awesome. However customer service and search interface functions suck as well as compatibility with the ios, or apple products. Another complaint I often see is that the device also at times may be defective and drain the crap out of the car battery. Further defining the issue upon search oprions it is hard to find and locate songs. Media quality via bluetooth could be better and bluetooth at times may cut in and out.
The positives include bluetooth capability and control via steering wheel.

VAISTECH MEDIA LINQ +
Overall I heard pretty awesome things about this unit great audio quality and easy to use controls and such. Apple compatibility that is until vais began discobringing support and people have been complaining that it may be dead... also I really can't find the product anymore to buy...

If you have anything to add feel free to add and I will try to keep this thread updated. This thread will be both posted here and club lexus
Old 01-22-15, 11:20 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

if you want BT streaming, it's the vaistech sl3b and it's fully supported right now

the one you talk about is the ML+ (discontinued) and the latest one is ivic, but that's a lot more advanced and it's not BT streaming (BT only for controls)
Old 01-22-15, 12:06 PM
jw669
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm using the GROM Bluetooth unit ... allows for changing of songs via steering wheel as well. Best 130$ spent.

Get the dedicated Bluetooth unit, not the aux unit with Bluetooth optional attachment.

edit: also doesn't interfere with the onboard calling-Bluetooth. Calls still made/received through onboard Bluetooth, and music plays through the GROM.
Old 02-03-15, 07:09 AM
cory143
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Troubleshooting GROM Bluetooth

Originally Posted by jw669
I'm using the GROM Bluetooth unit ... allows for changing of songs via steering wheel as well. Best 130$ spent.

Get the dedicated Bluetooth unit, not the aux unit with Bluetooth optional attachment.

edit: also doesn't interfere with the onboard calling-Bluetooth. Calls still made/received through onboard Bluetooth, and music plays through the GROM.
Hello. I bought the GROM-USB3 unit and the GROM-BTD bluetooth dongle attachment. I had Best Buy install it and it's not working. Pressing the CD button does not connect the sound system with the GROM unit. (I've confirmed that my phone connects to the GROM unit via bluetooth)

So I'm wondering why you recommend getting the dedicated Bluetooth unit and not the AUX unit. Is it related to my issue or other reason?

Thanks.