Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

GS3 System Pic's( Tell me what yall Think)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-03, 09:53 AM
shaneheber
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alex the front and rear door are actually 4.5 in speakers. You can easily replace them with 5.5 or 6.5 spekers with just little modification.
Old 03-18-03, 02:52 PM
babyboy
Rookie

shaneheber

I was thinkin about getting some of those alpine speakers but in a 12 instead. However i was wonder if you are pleased with the product. Also what kind of warranties come with them?

Thanks for your help
Old 03-18-03, 04:06 PM
shaneheber
Driver

Im very pleased with the Alpines, they take lots of power. 1000 watts per sub, i would run no less then 500 watts per sub. They are very efficent, but go ported makes a bid difference. Warranty, well let me just tell you this, if you smoke them your sound shop should replace them at no cost. This woofer is well made and designed, with the right power and crossover and amount of bass played you should have no problems.

Man i tried all kind of speakers, as far my self im a SPL guy. But for my lexus this is the best set up i heard so far, very clean, smooth, bass.. You should hear my spl van, man talk about maake you gasp for air.My lexus is set up for SOUND QUALITY.
Old 03-19-03, 06:33 AM
babyboy
Rookie

Sounds like i am headin to the audio shop
What do you think about a sealed box instead of a proted box. Is it true that this type of box produces tighter sounding bass?
Old 03-19-03, 07:50 AM
shaneheber
Driver

BabyBoy, yes that is true all depends on what type of music you listen to. My set up is ported and it has a very tight bass and i also gain 3 db's going ported. Most of the CL members go sealed and have very good results. If you decide to go ported you have to do it right or you will have to much bottom end and not enough tight bass.
Just let me know which route you are going and ill give you the right specks for volume enclosure, just let me know what type of sub you are running and what size. I have been building speaker boxes for over 12 years and i know all the little tricks.....
The problem with speaker size, most people think the bigger the sub the more bass you will have. Well i can tell you this i have 3 Alpine 10inch , this set up sounds like (2) 15in. subs, but ina small enclosure and having a tighter bass and a more efficient sub. When you buy your subs just dont slack on the amp, geta good power source. I would diffently go with a class d amp, takes less voltage to run it and you really dont have to replace you amp or alternater.......
If you need any more info just PM me........
Old 03-19-03, 03:20 PM
sld
Driver

shaneheber,
I have a JL 12W7 thats gonna be powered by a PG Tantrum 1200.1. I listen to a lot of electronic music(Hard house, D&B, Hard trance, etc.). I was planning on going with a sealed box, and I'm gonna obviously take the old sub out. Today, at an install shop, they said porting the box up through the 10" hole in the rear deck would be good.

Whats your thoughts? I mainly what good punchy bass with a nice mix of SQ and SPL. Appreciate any help.
Old 03-19-03, 09:39 PM
shaneheber
Driver

sld what you have should sound good either way. You have the power for sealed enclosure. Just remember if you go sealed and you like lots of bass you will have to make the box a little bigger for a lower hzs. Like porting you can tuned a box to 45 hzs, by adding the correct port size. your inside impediance will rise and give you that lower hzs going sealed.

I made a enclosed bandpass box to where the subs were inside the box and had a 10inch port running from inside the box to outside going in the factory sub location. That setup had way to much bass for me. and whats bad about that sometimes you get lots of port noise. sounds like the same type of bass all the time no matter what music you listen to.if you like high energy music go that route or rap. at lease with that set up you want experience any trunk noise. It will sound like a hatchback car reflectining off that back glass. Let me know what route you are going and ill give you the specks for volume and port sizes.....