Advice for building a LS400 sub box

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-03, 10:46 PM
LexLS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Advice for building a LS400 sub box

Hey all,
Ok, so I've been driving around in my LS without a sub for over a month now and I'm itchin to put my sub in/build a box. Yes, I did search on this forum, but I would like to ask for some specific advice....

First, I will be installing one Infinity Perfect 10.1 sub, that requires a .6 cubic foot sealed box. I am currently thinking I should remove the factory sub and then build a box attached to the rear deck above the gas tank, so the sub will point into the car. Do you guys think I can fit a .6 cubic foot sealed box inbetween the deck and the gas tank? Has anyone done this and how does it sound???

Also, when attaching the box to the rear deck, should I use some sort of rubber spacer or something else to reduce vibration?

Earl!
Old 03-19-03, 07:50 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you are using a 10" woofer, you can fit it to the rear deck just fine. I would advise building a box and bolting it down to the rear deck with sub shooting through the stock subwoofer hole. Vibrations can be reduces by sounddeadening but you should worry about it after the install.