CD Changer Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-03, 09:54 AM
Poelee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD Changer Question

Hey all,

Well I'm doing things the other way around lol, people are changing the head units, but i only want to change the Changer itself in the boot lol.

So, I am picking up my SC 400 in 3 days, but the changer is broken...

I was offered a SONY Cd Changer from a friend for $80, is it possible to plug this changer into the Pioneer Head unit ???
Old 03-22-03, 11:51 AM
tenpointed
Banned

I kind of doubt it. Lexus has a Pioneer changer. If you get the Pioneer changer with the adapter for your car from a place like Circuit City, you should also be able to get the CD readouts on your stock head unit. You just have to check with them as to which model # is compatible with your car. I would imagine you can get the whole deal for less than $300 installed. You might also consider taking your changer to a place that does electronics repairs (like Best Buy or Circuit City) to save even more money.
Old 03-22-03, 07:15 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default cd changer compatibility sc400 12 disc

sorry there is no compatibility to aftermarket changers of any kind. lexus has propietary radio to cd changer electronics so no adaptability to any other changer is possible. the sc400 12 disc was made by panasonic and was used on both the pioneer and nakamichi audio systems on all the 92 to 98 sc400 systems. other first generation lexus changers will work but wont fit in the cd changer space in the trunk because the sc400 12 disc is top loading and all the other model changers are front loading.
Old 03-22-03, 07:42 PM
Poelee
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: cd changer compatibility sc400 12 disc

Originally posted by lexusaudio
sorry there is no compatibility to aftermarket changers of any kind. lexus has propietary radio to cd changer electronics so no adaptability to any other changer is possible. the sc400 12 disc was made by panasonic and was used on both the pioneer and nakamichi audio systems on all the 92 to 98 sc400 systems. other first generation lexus changers will work but wont fit in the cd changer space in the trunk because the sc400 12 disc is top loading and all the other model changers are front loading.
Ok that clears alot up, i'll just look into buying a new head then for it.

Does this mean i should be able to wire straight into the existing AMP then ?

I'm thinking of putting an Alpine head unit in as I have been told they are a little more reliable then the other brands, but im guessing this is self opinion...