Gotta get a new system

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-03, 11:47 AM
Jackco711
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Gotta get a new system

Hey everyone,

I recently bought a 2nd gen GS4 and I am not happy AT ALL with the system. I have to preface this by saying I have a factory GPS cause this may wiegh in on the responses. Anyway, Id like to get a system installed but dont really know where to start. My last system which I had installed 5 yrs ago had a PPI 600 watt amp powering MB Quartz componant speakers and those alone kicked a$$. But Im not looking to spend so much on a system.
With that in mind what do you guys think I should do with the system... replace the sub? put componant set in? I went to a guy nearby who quoted me $1200 for an all pioneer system.... Rev series componants, some kind of sub and two amps one 500 watt the other 400 watt. He said my car needs some special adapter which costs $150 b/c of the Nav. I think hes priced a little too high and hes full of ish. What do you guys think.

Also Im going for a clean sounding system with tight hitting bass. Please stay BUDGET Conscious.

Thanks in advance....

Jackco
Old 03-24-03, 03:40 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well depending on how you want to do it. i think that guy is full of *****. you want to keep the headunit and change all the speakers. so no big deal. u can add components to the stock amp. (which will only make it a little bit clearer) or add a 4ch amp to the speakers. than just add an amp and sub in the trunk or rear deck lid. what would the $150 adapters be for???? thats bull. and as far as an all pioneer system. their full range speakers stink. but thats all one's opinions.

i suggest go to some stores and listen to diff brands of components.

also do a search, there are plenty of GS owners who did this mod and have alot more info than me. i know more about the RX. also there is even a couple who have links in their sig's to a "do it yourself" instructions to stereos in the GS. good luck