Sponsored by:

beat went away?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-03, 09:16 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Unhappy beat went away?

ok just got my music installed a couple of days ago but really haven't bumped it 4 a long period of time, just a few mins 2 c how it sounds, modtly playing movies in it, but today was driving and it was nice out not too hot and lowered the windows and reeaally bumped it but 10 mun later the bas from all my speakers just stopped, no sound, no boom or pop just went away. checked the fuses on the amps and they r good , turned off the radio and car 4 a few mins and still no beat, the amps r on cus i hear the fans and the digital readers from the amps r reading, any ideas.....i'm taking back to the shop sat. but anything i forgot to check that might b the issue.....help!!!!!!
Old 03-28-03, 02:52 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Wiggle it, just a little bit...

Bluelex:
Check your RCA connections to and from your amps, especially subwoofer amp. Sometimes vibration (from the WOOFing) allows the contact to break around the outer ring if it was not tight to begin with. Wiggle any connectors (slightly) that you can get your hands on.
Old 03-28-03, 08:31 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

sounds like you toasted the coils in the woofers. but let's just hope you jolted a spade connector off the back of the sub. a lot of amps will shutdown the outputs when shorted (i.e.-blown sub) , so it most likely wouldnt blow the fuse.
Old 03-29-03, 06:43 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

ok. i played with the connectors and evry other wire i could touch and still nothing...i took it to the shop and the guy does some switching of wiers and than tell me the aub amp is no good. now i did have this amp go threw a move in my brothers truck when i moved from n.j. 2 florida and it has been sitting in my closet 4 about a yr. could it have gone bad from nonuse or dust?.....something else that doesn't make sense to me , i lost the bass from all speakers not just my sub. i know thw mids and highs to really bump but the speakers in the doors were hitting a little when i bumped up the music cus i felt the bump on my left leg from the speaker in the door, and now thats all gone too, just words come out, thats makes me think that its something else cus that big amp is only 4 the subs not the mids and highs, why lose bass from the door speakers if they r run from the 4 channel amp that is good. what do u guys think? my brother coming back into town sun, i'll have him check it outplus do u guys think i'm make sense with what i'm xplaining. should i take it to another shop 2 c what they tell me.?
Old 03-29-03, 07:55 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

i dont care if the guy who invented it tells you it's blown .... always get a second opinion... and a third..
Old 03-29-03, 10:01 AM
DPGS430
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You get no sound at all from the mids in the doors ? Just the tweeters ? You said you are running a 4 channel amp, 2 channels to the mid's and 2 to the tweets ? or are you running the MB crossovers and bridging the 4 channel amp to 2 channels ?

Jim
Old 03-29-03, 10:26 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by DPGS430
You get no sound at all from the mids in the doors ? Just the tweeters ? You said you are running a 4 channel amp, 2 channels to the mid's and 2 to the tweets ? or are you running the MB crossovers and bridging the 4 channel amp to 2 channels ?

Jim
i'm getting jst words from the tweeters and speakers in the doors, no bass from them at all not even a little, but as far as the mb quart cross overs , don't know what he did as far as that. but the 4 channe; amp is 4 the mids ans highs and big amp controlled the subbox with is not bumping no more but the 4 channl amp is good and yet to bass to the mids and highs.
Old 03-29-03, 08:45 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

if he had the seperates correctly set up they should have been crossde over high enough to keep the lower notes out and just let the words process. could the subs have been fooling you? the best way to tell for sure is to swap the rca's on the sub amp to the front channels and see if you still get sound. that will rule out the rca's and the signal from the head. then if you want bass, since the subs aren't on, go ahead and adjust the crossover on the mid amp.
Old 03-30-03, 05:50 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by onelasttry
if he had the seperates correctly set up they should have been crossde over high enough to keep the lower notes out and just let the words process. could the subs have been fooling you? the best way to tell for sure is to swap the rca's on the sub amp to the front channels and see if you still get sound. that will rule out the rca's and the signal from the head. then if you want bass, since the subs aren't on, go ahead and adjust the crossover on the mid amp.
ya thats what he did he took the rca's from the sub amp and put them to the mid amp and still got words but when he took the rca's from the mid amp to the sub amp and no boom thats why he said the sub amp was gone.

Last edited by bluelex; 03-30-03 at 05:51 AM.
Old 03-30-03, 08:32 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

i know your subs are enclosed so you cant push test them, but you really should get a volt meter and see what ohms the subs are reading. if the amp had bad drivers or finals in it, it would pop the fuse for sure, audiobahn doesnt have that kind of short protection in it.
Old 03-31-03, 03:04 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

ok we today found the problem. it was not the amp. u were right onelasttry, it was the subs burnt and gone both subs, this is what me and brother found out today, the shop bridged the subbox to one channel on my amp instead of running one sub to each channel, now i'm not sure if this caused the subs 2 blow but i rather the woofers b blown than the amp. so i'm taking the car in back 2 the shop 2marrow. so what do u think.? did them running the 2 sub 2 one channe; blow my box or was it just me pumping to loud or a combo of both?
Old 03-31-03, 03:23 PM
angelslex
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default ohms

If I'm not mistaken they drop the ohms on the amp and double the power and if the subs could not handle it bye bye subs.check on this maybe.