Sponsored by:

say thank you to Bananags, here is how you access NAV diagnostic menu

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-03, 09:37 AM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default say thank you to Bananags, here is how you access NAV diagnostic menu

Need to calibrate your speed since you have bigger tires? or just want the navigation to run self-diagnose or just want to see how many sattelites are currently on top of you ? see your speed in MPH?

hee heee

This is how you enable diagnostic mode, just turn off the car to get out of this mode
-Start car, turn on parking light
-Hold down both Climate and Audio buttons at the sametime do the next step
-Turn OFF parking light, then ON, then OFF, then ON, then OFF

This will put your in the SECRET/Service NAV menu. Good luck
now donate me some banana

Anh

Last edited by BananaGS; 03-31-03 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-31-03, 10:36 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice find Ahn!

How do you find this stuff out? You have to admit that's a pretty strange combination to make it work.

Overclocker
Old 03-31-03, 10:45 AM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

Service Manual Book baby I went through a few hundred of pages in 3 volume books this weekend and accidently came across this menu.
Old 03-31-03, 01:19 PM
TimDimman
Pole Position

Once in this mode, I believe if you press and hold the AM button, you'll get into the sound diagnostics menu, where you can adjust levels, amongst other things.

Please tell us what the abbreviations mean!!! I know W-F-R but what are the other ones (L - P1 - P2??? Is that right???)

Thanks,

Tim
Old 03-31-03, 03:29 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

hmm so i guess this just works for the GS right, i guess im out of luck for the RX ????
Old 03-31-03, 08:32 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally posted by DJ SprinklesNJO
hmm so i guess this just works for the GS right, i guess im out of luck for the RX ????
DJ - I suspect it won't work on yours not because it's an RX, but because you have the newer DVD-based nav system and not the hard drive older version.
Old 04-01-03, 05:28 AM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

OH OK, didint know u were basing this off the older version. ok thanks anyway
Old 04-01-03, 06:46 AM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

Default DJ SprinklesNJO

if you want to know if it works on your car or not, just give it a try...it may works, who knows, if not, then it's has a different combination, but they all should have this option.
Get yourself a service manual book for your car to besure, else just try, it's not gonna hurt your car.
Old 04-01-03, 09:07 AM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

Default BanaGS

where can i get a service manual for my truck and how much do they run? also i guess i can give this a try. but what happens if this combination is for something else on my truck. like a secret emergency ejector seat. ill blast right into the sunroof.
Old 04-01-03, 10:36 AM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

the service manual cost a lot ($150/book at the dealer or other online dealer places) (unless you get it used) (dont get the EBAY CD, they are SUX)

I like to know the combination for the seat eject too you'll never know when you need that.
All you need is to turn off your key to get out of the diagnostic mode, so who care, use my instruction, give it a try, if it works,then great, I just save you $150, else no harm done.

FYI: I changed the coefficent setting on my nav setup, which improve the nav tracking a lot.

Last edited by BananaGS; 04-01-03 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-01-03, 01:18 PM
TimDimman
Pole Position

Originally posted by TimDimman
Once in this mode, I believe if you press and hold the AM button, you'll get into the sound diagnostics menu, where you can adjust levels, amongst other things.

Please tell us what the abbreviations mean!!! I know W-F-R but what are the other ones (L - P1 - P2??? Is that right???)

Thanks,

Tim
Please?

Thanks,

Tim
Old 04-01-03, 02:18 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by BananaGS
the service manual cost a lot ($150/book at the dealer or other online dealer places) (unless you get it used) (dont get the EBAY CD, they are SUX)

FYI: I changed the coefficent setting on my nav setup, which improve the nav tracking a lot.

yea i always wondered about those products on ebay, so how come that cd sux? is it even the right thing? also what do you mean by , you changed the coefficent setting on the nav setup. and now it tracks better? i would think lexus would make it so the tracking would be the best it can. but i know what your talking about, i hate it when the tracking spot is on the wrong rode, like when i get off at an offramp and it still has me on the highway. lol
Old 04-01-03, 06:13 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK...what happens if you screw something up?

Isn't it restricted for reason?

Is there a restore default settings selection available ?
Old 04-01-03, 06:19 PM
Jackco711
Pole Position

Question what to change to?

How do you know what coefficient to change to?

Jackco
Old 04-02-03, 07:57 AM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

Question for you, the GPS icon does not come up for me all the time, is this NORMAL?
ie do you see that Icon up all the time or just in guidence mode? I don't see the GPS icon in MAP only mode (no destination set)

Is this normal? I have 98 map software, still waitng til September for the 03 update.

Coeficient setting is used to compute your speed vs moving map when NAV signal is not available.
Default setting is 1.000, ie your car speed is your distance (ie 20mph, so in 1 hr, your distance travel is 20mile, the computation is realtime based on your current speed)

Just write down what you currently have, I have mine set at 1.020 right now, and the nav cursor track the road alot better, when the GPS icon come on, then that settting is not used, when GPS icon is not ON, then the coefficent is used. So if you have bigger rim, not stock, you want to add/reduce the coefficient a bit
When I had mine set at 1.000, I am usually about 15-20m off from where should be at, according to the map (when GPS icon is NOT ON). Now, I am right on the money

>i hate it when the tracking spot is on the wrong rode, like when i get off at an offramp and it still has me >on the highway
well that is the flaw in any GPS system you get (oem or aftermarket), as long as you travel on the same direction, it can't tell whether you are on the free way or off the freeway

Trial and error, the dealer book has instruction how to set this, but I am to lazy to type it out.
>OK...what happens if you screw something up?
Dude, go to the menu and just change it back

EBAY service CDs are made by 3rd party company, they don't have all LEXUS information, and how can they can fit 1000+ full color pages/with detail diagram on a CD. and all EBAY CDs covered multiple Lexus version/year (because everything are striped down) Trust me, I got them, I know. Have you ever talked with anyone that is satisfied with the Ebay CD before, unless you paid $5 for a copied CD from Ebay (apply to any car, not just lexus CD)

I was looking at the AUDIO service menu and all the code in it, I have not had time to compare the code when you hit the AM button vs how the service manual instruction said on how to evoke Audio service mode. The instruction was different (this memu mainly used for diagnostic, error checking)

Last edited by BananaGS; 04-02-03 at 08:25 AM.

Quick Reply: say thank you to Bananags, here is how you access NAV diagnostic menu