Sponsored by:

Will this CD Changer Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-03 | 10:39 PM
SappyEF9
Driver School Candidate

Default Will this CD Changer Fit?

Hello,

I have a 1997 LS400 and my CD changer broke (Pioneer, indash changer). I'm looking for a replacement and I only ran into the GS300 or GS400 changers. Will this fit in my car? I looked at the adapter and it LOOKED the same, but not sure if it's compatible.

Thanks for the help guys!

Kenny
Old 04-08-03 | 10:53 PM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

I did a search on http://www.car-part.com for the CD changer for your car and a bunch showed up all over the country. Car-part.com is a site that lists the used parts inventories of tons of places all over the country. Select your year, make model and then "Radio/CD" from the list of parts. It's smart enough to search through all the model years which use the same parts. It will come up with a list of part options. Select "CD changer" from the list and you'll see a bunch of places that sell it, some of them for less $200. You can contact them for more information. Good luck.
Old 04-09-03 | 05:36 PM
SappyEF9
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks Sam

I'm looking through the site as we speak. I found alot of CD Changers and I suppose that the GS series doesn't fit. How reliable are these guys listed on the site?

Thanks,

Kenny
Old 04-09-03 | 08:00 PM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Honestly, I'm not sure if the GS changer will fit. One of the experts on here must know. The guys listed on the site are just used parts sellers all over the country so I have no idea about their reliability. I would call them and find out what kind of guarantee they offer on the parts and the return policy.
Old 04-09-03 | 10:17 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Default cd changer compatibility issues.

kenny, only 95 to 97 ls400 changers are cross compatible. the gs changer only fits gs models from 98 and up indash glovebox changers. there are tons of gs changers for sale cheaply because of the confusion of lexus indash cd changer compatibility................................................................................. the problem originated with the sellers of the lexus 6 disc indash magazines on ebay they list all the models the magazine is compatible with. so then the sellers of the changers think that all changers using the same magazine are compatible.nothing could be farther from the truth. .................................................................................the typical gs changer description on ebay reads compatible with 95 to 2000 ls 400., 97 to 2001 es300, 99 to 2003 rx300 which is all hogwash. the only thing compatible is the magazine out of the gs with those other moidels not the cd changer itself.. the gs changer wont even plug into any of the es,lsor rx models. it s 10 pin square plug only plugs into a gs model. and the real insanity is it wont even plug into a gs model because gs models 98 and up that wernt ordered with a cd changer from the factory arnt prewired...................all other lexus model es,ls and rx are prewired at the factory even if not ordered with a cd changer. so beware of the cd magazine compatibilty confused with cd changer compatibility. thwe salvage yards have pretty good compatibility info and would never sell a gs changer to a ls owner. they know better. the sellers on ebay however are another story.