Sponsored by:

NAV + DVD movies while driving

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-03, 09:44 PM
rockhard
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NAV + DVD movies while driving

Just got my GX 470 in the other day ... Ash Blue Mica, Gray interior, 3rd row seating (never will use it, but anyway), Mark Levinson audio system, rear spoiler, etc. etc. etc, or should I say more $ $ $ !

Need some clarification ...

I've searched the forum and I saw someone was successful in being able to watch DVD movies while driving through their NAV head unit, but this was for an IS 300.

Has anyone had any success in modding this for a GX 470 or any other type of Lexus?

I am bringing my vehicle to an audio shop on Saturday to have them hook up my subwoofer and they told me they have done this mod all the time on different cars (Mercedes, BMW, Infiniiti, etc.), but since my GX 470 is a new model of vehicle, I doubt they have actually done it to my particular type of vehicle.

Anything to really worry about? If something were to go wrong, would it be noticeable by Lexus (warranty purposes)?

If someone has detailed instructions, please post them here. I am sure many people are wondering the same thing I am. I just don't want to be the guinea pig, so to speak on Saturday.

Thanks!

RH
Old 04-23-03, 10:47 PM
bricole
Driver School Candidate

Hey rockhard:

First off, great selection on vehicles (I got the same color, etc w/ NAV). I would be VERY interested in how you make out at the audio place that you were planning on going to. While my car hasn't yet arrived in from Prestige, this is something I'd be interested in doing!

Thanks,

Brian
Old 04-25-03, 12:27 PM
mogulbumm
Rookie

Please message me as well if you can do this. I pick up my new GX in two weeks and I would be very interested in having this done. From what I can tell, you may just need to jump out the emergency brake controller and possibly the speed sensor, but if you could put a toggle back on it to use the NAV that would be sweet. Good luck!