Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

aftermarket head unit complications

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-03 | 05:22 PM
Millatyme
Lead Lap

Default aftermarket head unit complications

Hey guys I just recieved my headunit today and tried to install it. From what i can tell everything is wired correctly. I am using a metra- toyota amp integration harness, and it only has one plug. the is deffinetly more that one plug that went into the back of the factory headunit so im thinking that im missing something. When i hooked everything up the headunit had power but no display or sound. Anyone have any ideas? I could also use a diagram of the factory harnesses and wires if anyone has them. Thanx
Old 04-14-03 | 07:16 PM
vj604
Driver

a simple search yielded this site with wiring diags

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/soarertt/
Old 04-15-03 | 07:05 AM
Millatyme
Lead Lap

I have already viewed this site and it gives me no information as far as wire diagrams of the headunit plugs. Someone please help, I have seen this diagram before but had no luck finding it when i searched. thanx
Old 04-15-03 | 08:58 AM
LexLS
Lexus Test Driver

Hey man I'm a little confused...what car are you trying to hook this up in? That's very important, not sure what you're referring to here.

Most wiring harnesses have the wires labeled, check to see what they say to make sure they are wired correctly. It sounds like this "amp integration" harness would be to only hook up an amp? Anyway, if you're hooking up a deck then there will be a few things you can't hook up right away. When I installed my HU the harness that went to the sub could not be connected. There were a total of 5 plugs I disconnected from my factory deck, the biggest one has the main stuff...12v etc., another has more speaker connections, one goes to the sub amp I believe, and 2 for the power antenna. My Scosche TA02B harness only connected the main plug and remaining speakers, no sub. But I have an LS, other models are different............
Earl!
Old 04-15-03 | 12:29 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Default Re: aftermarket head unit complications

Which vehicle? The GS400/GS430 2nd generation isn't a simple "plug and play". You'll have to switch around a few wires.

Percy

Originally posted by Millatyme
Hey guys I just recieved my headunit today and tried to install it. From what i can tell everything is wired correctly. I am using a metra- toyota amp integration harness, and it only has one plug. the is deffinetly more that one plug that went into the back of the factory headunit so im thinking that im missing something. When i hooked everything up the headunit had power but no display or sound. Anyone have any ideas? I could also use a diagram of the factory harnesses and wires if anyone has them. Thanx
Old 04-16-03 | 07:30 AM
Millatyme
Lead Lap

sorry about the confusion I have a 92 SC300. I took the HU with harness that i bought from them attached and they hooked it up and it worked beautifully. They commented that i hooked it up correctly but i may not be getting power from one or more of my wires in the harness and subsequently not giving me and illumination or sound even though i can open the flap and insert a cd. Still nothing happens. So i bought an ohms meter and tried it out very breifly. The only one i think i got a reading from was the yellow wire which i belive is the power wire. Am i supposed to be getting a reading from all wires or just specific wires? This almost seems to make sense seeing how these other wires are rem turn ons and such. If anyone could tell me what i should be reading from this "main" plug that would be awsome. I am reading 12v from the blue/silver wire and 12v from the green wire at the top left of this harnesson the car. Please help.